Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Anyone read any good books lately?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 24 Replies

Anyone read any good books lately? I like romance like Nicholas Sparks but I read all his books. 

reading

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyM_inKY

I just finished reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult.  It's the story of a single mom with 2 sons, the oldest of whom has Aspergers and is accused of murder.  It's told from 5 different perspectives - the mom, both sons, the lawyer and the detective.  Great read!

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM

You know, it's been a long time since I read anything fun and off the topic of autism. Or Tourette Syndrome. Or cancer. Or mental disorders in general, and my husband suggested I read something just for me, so I picked up "I've Got Your Number," from the library.  It's very light, Sophie Kinsella chick-lit. I liked her books "Shopaholic," then the sequels not so much, but I have to say this was a fun, quick read.  I enjoyed it.

mallowcup17

im hoping to be starting Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. I saw the film adaption of it on Netflix and it was amazing and it just came in the mail friday so i hope to be starting it tonight

greenmommo
This year I've read the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy and the Hunger Games trilogy. I read them both in a week. Very good. I'm not a big romance person-I'm more of an action/mystery type person, but if romance fits in there, I'll take it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
A friend recommended that one too me. I've not read anything of hers.

Quoting EmilyM_inKY:

I just finished reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult.  It's the story of a single mom with 2 sons, the oldest of whom has Aspergers and is accused of murder.  It's told from 5 different perspectives - the mom, both sons, the lawyer and the detective.  Great read!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
i am almost done w small town dreams. idk who its by. its a love inspired book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy430
I like Dean Koontz. I think there's a new book to the Odd Thomas series. "Odd Thomas" is my favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyMa1981

OMG!! This is a group for people who kids are Autistic?? How do I unjoin?? Sorry.

LIMom1105
Quoting greenmommo:

This year I've read the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy and the Hunger Games trilogy. I read them both in a week. Very good. I'm not a big romance person-I'm more of an action/mystery type person, but if romance fits in there, I'll take it.

Loved all of these!
steph2884

The last books I read were The Hunger Games. I enjoyed them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN