Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Asperger Teen

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone:

My teen son who is 16 was just diagnosed with Aspergers. He really struggles with anxiety and depression. Although we homeschool the stress of having many things to do is hard for him. Does anyone else encounter the same thing?
Thanks!have a nice day

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ROGUEM
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hello and Welcome!  My name is Michelle and I have a son who is 12 with Aspergers.  He suffers from situational anxiety, irrational fears, and OCD.  He started taking Zoloft and methylphenidate last year and it has helped him tremendously.  Matthew does have challenges such as memory problems, ADHD, and hand-eye coordination.

I hope to get to know you better. 

HUGS

cmurray326
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Hi there,

My son takes Zoloft as well. Although he is better, his depression and anxiety interfere with his day. I am happy we homeschool. I often wondered if going back to school would be better, but I think it would be hard for him. He would be overwhelmed. He enjoys airplanes, earth space science, Star Trek, and WWII. He takes a ceramic class and guitar.

My conerns are for later in life. I always worry about him.

It is so nice to have some to chat with. Any suggestions at all? Has anything helped you and your family?

Thanks,

Cheryl

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Welcome!  My son hasn't been dx yet, but he's only 11.  I look forward to reading what others have to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)