Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

home schooling?????

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
We're thinking about home schooling the boys next yr of course most of you know Nicholas & Erik are twins Nicholas has aspergers Erik does not they are 17 going into 11th grade their school is great just expensive and with Jerrys heart condition moneys a bit tight. Both boys are wanting too and they will still be able to play ball for their school (even though Nicholas plays with younger boys he loves it) so I need opinions on home schooling a aspergers child and what you would recommend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gogetem
by Mama Duck on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
K12 is free :) we love it, and whatever we need to suppliment we can find online.
kickinit
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Make sure he is part of the choosing process.  He will enjoy his schooling much better.  Homeschool curriculum isn't always inepensive either....but you will have a lot to choose from.  We us sonlight.  They have complete curriculums, advisors,placement tests, and tons of etras...good luck and God bless

OliviasMommy614
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Im not sure what State you live in but both myself and a few other moms I know having their children attend PA Cyber. Im not sure if your in PA or if maybe your State has something similar but it is awesome! It is basically cyber school but they provided everything! Sent a laptop, printer, ink and paper for the printer, notebook paper, craft things, things for 'gym',  lesson book for the parent, work books, crayons..ect everything you could possibly think of. I would definatley look into and hopefully they have something similar for where you are located. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)