Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I think I am going to die.

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was reading about the HFCS in food products and I was trying to remember what I ate during my pregnancy.  I ate instint oatmeal and a glass of chocalate milk because I didn't have time to make myself something  in the morning,  i hate milk by itself and the mercury levels together are 607. Image that everyday.  I feel like the worst mother in world right now.  What the hell.  

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marisab
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

dont feel bad this is not 100% prooved its the causes of thing and is just speculation and u did what u thought was best u needed to eat

ROGUEM
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

It is just being studied right now like a million other things they are studying.  It may turn out not to be that.  There are tons of moms who ate way worse than that and have NT children.  We all need to just not jump to conclusions and just concentrate on our children.

So far they have said the following are linked or may contribute to autism.

Diabetes

Obesity

Vaccine

HFCS

radio waves

magnetism from cellphones and computers

aluminum cans /pots and cookware

Milk

Plastics

Fumes from mattresses

Pollution

Pesticides

Teeth Fillings

Cheap costume jewelry

And these on just off the top of my head....imagine if I googled it!

Basically everything that is on this Earth is being studied and may contribute to autism.  Please don't let them make you feel guilty.  You did nothing that 99% of everyone else did.

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Please don't feel guilty every day there is something new in the news about what they feel is the cause.  The way I look at it if it is diagnosed 1 in 88 (or whatever the number is this week)  it has to be something common for so many children to have it.  Hopefully through research some day we can get some concrete evidence and answers. 

greenmommo
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

I put this on my phone to remind myself.

I REALLY don't think that's it. If that were the case, every child in America would be autistic.

BIG HUG
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting greenmommo:

I put this on my phone to remind myself.

I REALLY don't think that's it. If that were the case, every child in America would be autistic.

BIG HUG

That is a fantastic reply :)

Tonyawm
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I drank organic milk and veggies from my garden when pregnant. My son still has autism. This stuff means nothing, and just tortures us moms. Your child's autism is not your fault.
jconney80
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting Tonyawm:

I drank organic milk and veggies from my garden when pregnant. My son still has autism. This stuff means nothing, and just tortures us moms. Your child's autism is not your fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilissaCarden
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Cancer runs in my family. Because of this....We are completely green and organic. Before we thought about having kids. Our lawn is full of weeds (no pesticides) we have ants (better then poisons) (we just keep the floor clean with water and elbow grease), and we have an autistic son. Oh and, We drive 45 mins to get food grass feed, Amish farm food. I also have a degree in early childhood development...just to debunk the refrigerator mom theory too. I did nothing wrong, we did nothing wrong, you did nothing wrong. Hugs!
Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I ate instant oatmeal and drank chocolate milk and I thought I was eating HEALTHY! LOL.

I mean, WTF?

For the record, I do know women who ate all organic and no processed foods, no nail polish, hair dye, etc and have kid(s) on the spectrum. The one that pops into mind has three on the spectrum, including twin girls. She was devastated, especially since she was SO careful when pregnant with her twins, thinking that since her son was on the spectrum, if should could change her diet and lifestlye, it would change the outcome of her children's development. Sadly, it didn't work.

You did nothing wrong, honey. I know- I've BTDT- I still do it to myself, but I did everything that I knew of that was "right" during my pregnancy. I took good care of myself. I don't know why my son has autism. I'll probably never know.

((HUGS)) all around.

jax3
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you feel like the worst mother!  You didnt smoke - you didnt drink alcohol... honey - Forget About It!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)