Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

**DISCLAIMER** Please don't bother reading if you are going to leave any rude, judgemental comments because... I'm just not interested in reading them!

I have a three year old daughter (diagnosed with autism) with severe speech delays, poor articulation and very, very limited sentence length (usually only one word)
This being stated, I shalle begin my post... I don't typically cuss in front of my children, in fact, I *thought* I did a pretty stellar job of shielding them from my vulgarity but...  the other day my daughter was eating dinner and I was hiding behind the couch pillows trying to inhale a candy bar as fast as possible, my lovely daughter RAN over to me and I was TOTALLY busted. So she demanded I share (MINE! MINE! MINE! ) After I told her "no, you need to finish your dinner first!" She ran (alwasy runs...rarely walks) into the hallway, just out of sight and screamed "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!" I could not believe my little, pig-tailed cutie could scream such a thing! But... hey, it was a three word sentence and she used the BS word in the correct context.  I couldn't help but smile a little... before repriminding her

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I too am guilty of hiding to eat a chocolate bar!  lol   My darkest moment was my last Ghiradelli caramel chocolate square and I hid in the closet to eat it.  The whole time I was freaking out about how loud the wrapper was while opening it trying to not get caught.  :)  Afterwards  I felt so guilty,  here I am a 35 yr old mother hiding in the closet eating chocolate so my kids won't see and so I don't have to share!  Ha!! 

greenmommo
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I get a big dark chocolate bar and hide it at the top of the cabinets and sneak a piece. I've never been caught by anyone but my DH and he had the nerve to think that meant he could have some too. I told him he gets to leave the house; I get chocolate! Don't touch my chocolate bar! And if he wants one, I'll buy him one next time, but I'm not sharing!

Quoting Austinsmom4544:

I too am guilty of hiding to eat a chocolate bar!  lol   My darkest moment was my last Ghiradelli caramel chocolate square and I hid in the closet to eat it.  The whole time I was freaking out about how loud the wrapper was while opening it trying to not get caught.  :)  Afterwards  I felt so guilty,  here I am a 35 yr old mother hiding in the closet eating chocolate so my kids won't see and so I don't have to share!  Ha!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyLeah73
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Soooo funny!!! And horray for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kate00
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:30 AM

You all made me feel better!  The other day Will told me "Mommy, you are being way too noisy.  Oh my God!"  Then we were somewhere with one of those automatic toilets and it flushed while Will was still peeing.  Will says super loud "Oh my God!"  My husband and I were both happy that he was using it in the correct context :).  I'll have to show him this thread and tell him he could have picked up worse from us.

crossnlilly
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM
You know what all.kids say bad words. And when your child has limited speech it is something to get excited about and im sure you told her not to say it again. Plus every parents laughs the first time their kid says a bad word no matter how hard you try you laugh at least a little
Gitanagurl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Aw....these are stories to tell them when they're older. My son was about the same age when the nurse gave him some shots and he cried " YOOOOU B1TCH". I was in shock and so embarassed. My now 3 yr old says BS now but she does hear it from me XD (I think it's funny, her dad doesn't jijiji) Either way they forget about it if they don't hear it again.  But this story was funny, thanks for sharing. Bless you.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

LOL that's great! LOLĀ 

marisab
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

wow!!!what a powerful sentence and she knew the right tense to use it in!!!so that is  a break through lol.no more candys when she is nearby lol

RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM

:)  Haha!  This was a cute story!  While the phrase may not be ideal, yay for her saying a 3 word sentence!!!!   At least you corrected her  ;)

newmommy430
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I have a clean mouth myself, yet I have heard my nearly nonverbal son say "Jesus" and "Oh $hit". I know he didn't pick those up from me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN