Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you heard about the Autistic boy bullied by the teacher?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am so sickened right now, the school this child goes to is the same school my son started his schooling in before we moved to IN. It is the school that helped him so much and I have tried for 6 yrs to get the school system here to model after. They have a class specifically for autistic children, they attend half the school day in that class, my son was in that class. I do not know if it is the same teacher and aide as my son attended 7 yrs ago, but this really saddens me.

http://www.app.com/article/20120424/NJNEWS/304240095/Dad-says-teachers-abused-his-autistic-son

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Disgusting! This is the sort of thing that gives me nightmares. DS is 3.5 and I am desperate to move and get him in to a good school system in time for kindergarten. He is the same way as the victim in this story...he can talk and definitely knows what is going on, but he doesn't know how to describe anything that we haven't practiced. Having him in school terrifies me! This is also why I have never tried to go back to work. Even before the dx, I knew he was different...I was also paranoid that he would be mistreated if I left him in daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I just watched it. I criedmy eyes out at the last part.
jjandmilly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM

THis makes me so sad, good for that dad for being a strong voice for his son. tsk tsk

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

crushermama. if you get to where you have to go back to work .find a small in home daycare for him where the person has experiance withh special needs/autism. i think i just got super lucky with mine but  there might be somone in your area that is like that.

mine has a  child with aspegers  she aslo is a licensed sing language interpetor and she developes pre-school cirriculums .that is whys she has the day care/pre-school .

myfirstborn04
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Yes, I am so disgusted! Its so heart breaking to heat about abuses like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkiegomery
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM
It is appalling that this child was treated this way. NO child should ever be subjected to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Siobhan69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

What kind of humans are these people. Just horrible, I just hope what comes around goes around and they get what is coming to them.

Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

This is also a headlining story on yahoo.  This dad handled the situation with class in my book far better than I would have.  Its heartbreaking what these teachers did and that some of them still have their jobs.  disgusting

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

my son is super verbal, but when he was bullied, the only reason I figured it out is because he started lashing out on the bus, then told me kids were saying mean stuff to him once I finally spend hours and hours and hours trying to talk to him. his school nonchalantly told me the bus wasn't their problem because it was up to the driver.

but i made it clear that if he sat by the driver where the driver could see him, it should solve the problem. the driver implemented what we asked. boom. no more bus problems.

Hilary799
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I was completely disgusted, horrified, physically sick and completely PISSED!!! I was/am ready to get in the truck and head to N.J. They should ALL have been fired!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)