Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is your son or daugther picky about clothes? why?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

gther is so picky. its eather itshy or scratchy  to tight or to lose.   she loves shoes. omg  if she wonders off. i no i can always find her in the shoes rying high hill on.  lol she loves high hills.not for sure why  she calls them pump shoes  i dont even own a pair i not sure why

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM
DS is somewhat picky. Any time I buy him new clothes he says he doesn't want them. Then again, he usually wants the opposite of what I do. He just likes saying "i don't want to"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM
She is not. I am however and it makes shopping and getting ready for the day hard. I also don't like getting dressed and undressed in unfamiliar places so dressing rooms aren't an option
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM

My son has his phases.  When he was younger he didn't like the feel of jeans and he had to have on a shirt that buttons.  Now that he's older the only thing he will wear is jeans and a hoody. 

greenmommo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM
It's because she's sensitive to touch. It's part of sensory processing disorder. The high heels help her get a better sense of where she is in space (proprioception). It's the reason many kids with autism toe walk. My DS is getting fitted for leg braces today to curb his toe walking.

My DD is very sensitive to clothing. As am I. Tagless soft cotton works
best for shirts. I went through the 3rd grade refusing to wear anything but soft dress pants. No jeans. I actually prefer jeans now but they have to fit right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I am so glad that clothing companies realized that tags are annoying, lol!  If a shirt has a tag it will bother my son, but most of the clothes I buy him have the information printed on the inside.  He also does not like to wear shoes and/or socks.  He will if we go out, but the minute we come home he will take them off.  He even takes his shoes off in the car, lol. 

If he could wear jersey style shirts everyday he would.  He likes the texture and feeling of the materials used (not sure what they are).

LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Lol no he just picks up the first things that he sees and puts it on, he never matches and I usually make him change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yes, my son will not wear jeans. He says they are hard and cold.

Nicholasmom69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Oh Nicholas is not to bad on shirts but they to be a certain length if he raises his hands up and the shirt comes up he wont wear it now pants OH MY STARS no blue jeans!!! only khaki or like silky type at times really loves pajama pants but would rather wear shorts yr round because he's not crazy about stuff touching his knees. And will only sleep on T-shirt sheets can't stand any other kind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommypower73
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Nothing long sleeved , dress's or skirt's only and must be 100%  cotton. Luckily Walmart now has Hanes t-shirts in her size , in different colors and some cute pics on them. It made the winter very long because she will not wear anything below the knee , I could tell she was freezing but apparantly she doesnt think she is freezing. It took some fighting and alot of follow thru for me to get her to wear a coat.

LIMom1105
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:55 AM

By son refuses to wear shirts with buttons.  I'm not sure why--I think it might be the collar that bothers him more than the buttons, but who knows?  Button shirts send him into a frenzy, so we just don't get them for him.  I say I think it's the collar, because I tried cutting the buttons off a polo shirt for him, and he still wouldn't wear it.  Tags bother him sometimes, but not overly so.

He wouldn't wear jeans for a long time either, but now he wears them. He has a few other things he won't wear, but it's less about texture and more that he just doesn't like them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)