Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know it is early...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 38 Replies

...but do you have any summer plans with your kids?

sun

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfirstborn04
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Was trying to take a trip to GA to visit familybut now we are moving so that's no longer the plan. Hoping to do something fun though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

June 1st-15th vacation

We are lucky that our town offers a wide variety of free things to do through our park department. My son will be doing archery, fencing, cheerleading, catapulting, art. painting etc.

RockinMama0608

Moving can be exciting though  :)  Are you moving to a new city or state?  If so, you can explore your surroundings to see what is around.  We move a lot because of DH's job and that is something I always like doing.  Hope the move goes smoothly!

Quoting myfirstborn04:

Was trying to take a trip to GA to visit familybut now we are moving so that's no longer the plan. Hoping to do something fun though.

mallowcup17
Lots of day trips beach trips and time outside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun! 

Quoting 2and2onway:

June 1st-15th vacation

We are lucky that our town offers a wide variety of free things to do through our park department. My son will be doing archery, fencing, cheerleading, catapulting, art. painting etc.

Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
My guy is going to speech camp for six weeks, M-Th, 9am-12pm. He went last year and we thought it was great.

I also plan on doing some fun things with him myself such as taking him to open play hours at Pump It Up, FINALLY going to the children's museum, and planning on trying some of the local splash parks again. Last year and the year before that and the year before that, he has not liked them, but I am going to keep exposing him to it and maybe one of these summers, he will end up liking it! If he is still not OK with it, I will try again next summer.

It's HOT here in the summer. 120 degrees- Arizona, so doing things outside that don't involve water are not practical!

How about you, Michelle? Planning anything special??? :-)
2and2onway
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RockinMama0608:

That sounds like a lot of fun! 

Quoting 2and2onway:

June 1st-15th vacation

Oh also he is on the waiting list for Red Cedar Autism camp in July...praying he gets a spot.

RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Have fun!  I miss the beach  :(  Growing up, we lived a couple of hours from Myrtle Beach and we used to take day trips often.   Supposedly there is a lake nearby so I am thinking about taking the boys this summer. 

Quoting mallowcup17:

Lots of day trips beach trips and time outside

Siobhan69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Our son starts swimming lessons in June, I'm excited for him as he loves the pool and water. We will do a lot of long weekends at the summer home. Also plan to go to the Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier and of course all of the summer fests we can go to. Our son just loves those rides and the funnel cakes! 

twins0506
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
They have summer school so it won't be much :/ I'll probably keep them home a day here and there and go to the beach and the zoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)