• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of homeschool *POLL*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you homeschool?

Options:

Yes

No

I will next year

I did last year

Im looking into it

Other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I was curious to see how many people homeschool..
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

no. i do plan to supplement school with homeschool activities and lots of educationally fun stuff like my parents did. we were always learning no matter what time of day or year...

Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I would love to but being a single parent I have to work so not really an option for us.  I would never be able to afford full time child care while i work. 

Nicholasmom69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM
We are next year pray for us. With my husbands medical bills and public schools here are not good and Nicholas needs more one on one time to get his work done. The school they're at is great just moneys tight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM

No, we don't homeschool our kids.  I have considered it in the past but I think for Will it is best for him to go to school.  The reason being since he is also deaf, he is getting a chance to interact with the deaf community.  Where we live, there are not many hard of hearing or deaf individuals.   I am trying Jake out in the public school system and we will see how that goes.  Right now he is only in preschool and is handling it well so far.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

No i don't think I am capable of doing that

twins0506
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM
What is supplement school?

Quoting mallowcup17:

no. i do plan to supplement school with homeschool activities and lots of educationally fun stuff like my parents did. we were always learning no matter what time of day or year...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

using homeschool materials and extra activities outside of the public school curriculum to enhance the lessons. my parents always did this. we had workbooks and things like that that were fun and showed us more then what we were taught in school. we also always hit up local museums and historical sites related to what we were learning. 

Quoting twins0506:

What is supplement school?

Quoting mallowcup17:

twins0506
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not either. I look forward to them going to school so I can get a break lol

Quoting aidensmomma508:

No i don't think I am capable of doing that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HFBMOM
by Julie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I'm not planning to, and I don't really want to, but I'm afraid I may have to for high school. Mike is sooooo unhappy right now in 7th grade, and it's a possibility for next year but... I'll see what the IEP testing and meetings do for us and then decide about next year. UGH!

Helping Moms Work from Home
www.HealthyFamilyBiz.com

steph2884
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

My son is doing very well in his preschool. Next year is kindergarten. If he ever shows trouble in school, I would consider it. But right now, I want him to get out and interact with different adults and children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)