Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can it REALLY be....??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

That I now have a 12-yo??!!???

At 1215am, to be exact (though we didn't stay awake to celebrate)....as his doc said, I'm dealing with the trifecta: Asperger's, ADHD, and Puberty.  LOL

He also said that both my son and I will live through it and be stronger on the other side (of puberty that is)...so.....we did presents after homework was done (skipping karate tonight), and I haven't heard from him since - 2 sets of Lego Star Wars "things", star wars transformers, and a book...from the parents and grandparents...nobody got him a lot because, well, times are tight...but we all got him things he had specifically asked for, so he was more than happy...which is good....now cooking the dinner he asked for (ham, mashed potatoes, and salad) and then will have the double layer chocolate cake with ice cream...ugh, the carloies are gonna kill me, but both he and his little sis need them...lol

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
myfirstborn04
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Happy birthday. I know what you mean. My son turned 8 on Monday. He only got a angry birds board game. That's all he asked for. He has been playing it non stop since the weekend. I let him have it early. His grand parents always send him lots of money. We are going to do chucky cheeses next Tuesday as a part birthday part celebration for being awarded a super citizen award from school. I love double layer chocolate cake! Yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Siobhan69
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

A very big Happy Birthday to your son. What a great Mom you are to be cooking his favorite dinner, got him the gifts he wished for and Double Layer Chocolate Cake....yummy enjoy!

Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Happy Birthday!!  My son turned 14 this yr and it seems like he was 6 only yesterday.  It goes fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)