Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed Up with High School

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm so frustrated and angry with my son's high school. He's supposed to graduate this year but as of today he's failing one of the three Humanities classes that's required.  First, I'm ticked that they left his credit recovery Humanities until third term. Then, he failed last term. So now the kid who hates to write and take notes is forced to take 3 Humanities classes in the same term. Oh and did I mention that none of his teachers (aside from Orchestra- Bless her!) are even using his 504 plan?  I had to talk to his counselor this morning and she says in order to pass he has to stay caught up on his writing assignments. I told her that I realize this and he just turned in a major assignment for that class but it was a week late because the class is a zoo and he can't get anything done so I went to Barnes and Noble, bought the book the teacher wouldn't let leave the classroom and forced him to work on it for hours every night last week. She has the nerve to tell me his extended time has run out. I explained that when I try to hurry him he just gets stressed out and ends up having a meltdown and totally shutting down. She wants me to talk to him about it.  Like, ok Mrs. Rocket Scientist maybe you should take a course in Asperger's 101 and maybe you should have given him an IEP in the first place etc, etc, etc.

Sorry, I've done enough crying today and just needed to vent.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM

You need to go above their head and demand extended testing times and a tutor and 1 on 1 - he can finish the credits in a less stressful environments, you just really need to push push push to make them do what he needs and work around the classroom to get the credits in.

Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hugs, that's heartbreaking.  I would be so upset too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)