• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Demand is Great, but the Supply is Limited

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

Poll

Question: As the parent to a child with Autism what is the greatest needs and services you wish where available?

Options:

List Needs

List Services

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1

View Results

Sometimes I wonder if anyone Really care. I stay up countless hours researching for help and assistance and to no avail there's not much to offer a child with Autism.

I'm currently doing a survey to compile information and sound the alarm in Washington, DC.

Please list the needs and services you wish where available or more affordable for parents and children diagnosed with Autism.  The information will be compiled and submitted to Washington as part of our fight for more effective and affordable services and opportunities for our children.

Thanks for your time, each response is a step closer to a better tomorrow for our children.

Network4Autism

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ROGUEM
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I personally wish ABA was covered by insurance.  It is unfair that only Tri-care covers it.  I also think insurance companies have us by the throat.  If we can't get therapies in our area or can't afford them then our children don't progress and in the end the gov' will be supporting them.  I don't know why insurance companies and the gov' can't see if you spend a little time and money now, you will save a lot of money in the long run. 

Most parents I know have to pay out of pocket if they want outside services and many times the services offered in schools are inadequate and not specialized.

LIMom1105
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Parent therapy, too few parents get it, and it's hard on the whole family when parents don't know how to deal with their child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)