Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever considered or have already secretly recorded your child's teacher/para?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 34 Replies

With it being front page news almost weekly now, recording your child's teacher is now a hot topic of conversation.  Even if a parent hadn't considered before, it is now deeply embedded in all of our psyches.  I must admit, that if I though my child was being abused I might consider it.  I am not very spy savvy so I don't know if I would be able to pull if off though...LOL  I would be a Get Smart type of secret agent I think. 

Before all these articles, it never even crossed my mind. Now all this makes me wonder if abuse and negliect is more rampant in schools than I orginally thought it was.

So have you ever thought of doing it?   Are you the master spy and have already done it?  Do you think it is wrong to do it?

What's your stance on this ladies?

celebrity

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

i havew thought of this often

mallowcup17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

in our case we get more communication and support from school then we get from her mom. id rather send a recording device into her house but its illegal here and would have some terrible implications if/when we get custody...

tinatyty2011
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Yes, I have thought of it at times. I am just curious what goes on in the class when no parents are around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I was abused in schools by teachers and other kids.

I would do it in a heart beat if I thought my son was being bullied.

thatgirl70
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I would do it if I thought my son was being bullied (or I might just pull him out completely), but otherwise, no.

MilissaCarden
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM
I want to do it. I don't think my son is being bullied, but that's the point, the dad didn't think his son was being bullied by staff either, I don't think. I'm just not sure how to do it.
momtoscott
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I wish I had, because we had a similar situation to this when DS was in sixth grade.  I believe I probably could have gotten a couple of people fired if I had. 

I understand that there are privacy problems, etc., but some teachers and aides use their positions of authority to bully children, especially the ones who are the most powerless to report it. 

Austinsmom4544
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Oh I have thought about it a few times.  Thank god now there are cameras set up in each room of my sons school and I can review the tape or observe any time I want to.  But I would if I thought something was up. 

twins0506
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I thought about it before they started school just because I was paranoid and had no idea what to expect. I bet you now we are going to hear a lot more stories like this. Its definitely an eye opener.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_n_done
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM

If I thought my child was being abused or bullied, I would.  But I love my kids' teachers/school/principal and at this point I cannot imagine needing to do that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)