Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

so wrong

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
I was just wondering if anyone heard about what happened to the children in a school in cherry hill new jersey. For anyone who hasnt heard basically what happened was a non verbal autistic boy started acting out in school he was hitting and shoving his teacher and aides. The dad didnt understand cuz his son has never acted this way. They sent in a behavioral therapist but he didnt see the boy acting this way so the dad sent his son to school wired. He has 6 hours of this teacher and the two aides yelling at these kids calling them stupid telling them to shutup calling them little bastards and just plain out making fun of these children and their disabilties. The one aide was fired the teacher and the other aide were moved. I wanted to throw up when i read this story. This dad doesnt even want to sue he just wants the other aide and teachet fired and he wants them to applogize to his son. I will add my own comment here i grew up in new jersey and let me tell you cherry hill is a very nice place these teachers were making good money. Not that that makes a difference but i know plenty of special needs teachers working for less in worse areas and they dont treat their kids this way. I think this teacher and 2 aides should never be allowed to work with children again. My prayers go out to all the children and their families that this has happened tom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I read about it and watched the dad's blog. It's sad that some adults treat kids like that. They should be fired and have their teaching license taken away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I agree the video disgusted me! I don't think I would put my son suffering on youtube though. But I did sign the petition

Siobhan69
by Siobhan on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I did read about this but I didn't know there is a petition. Where can I find it? It is very sad and these people should be punished for their behaviour

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Ithink I got the link ^^
Quoting Siobhan69:

I did read about this but I didn't know there is a petition. Where can I find it? It is very sad and these people should be punished for their behaviour

RockinMama0608
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I haven't watched the video because those kind of things really bother me.  But, I have heard about what happened and that just breaks my heart  :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)