Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

HELP...Got a Me problem.....

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 40 Replies

My new sis-in-law asked me to be in my bros and her wedding this summer....the only problem is i'm about 50+ lbs overweight and the weddings in July.  I have been working so hard on eating better the last year...but I need more exercise....and motivation...any ideas.  I would sure like to lose 25 to30 lbs before this event.  I know I can do it...just need to find support via online or something that's inexpensive.  I have done weight watchers before..never online before.  Anyone tried this or do you have other suggestions...thanx and god bless

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hilary799
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
If you have a wii you should try zumba...or find a local class!! Super fun either way. And my kids love to do the game with me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kickinit
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I love zumba...use to ride with a gal to classa bout 26 mi away...I have the tapes also...just not as fun if you don't have someone to do it with, ya know...the darn motivation thing again!  Thank you!

Quoting Hilary799:

If you have a wii you should try zumba...or find a local class!! Super fun either way. And my kids love to do the game with me!!

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Dance.

seriously.

I dance with my kids at least 15 minutes per day. LOL

Hilary799
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I understand!! :) my daughter will not let me use the remote belt...she literally will fight me for it lol!! My kids bring in their friends to do these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jthompson1976
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

i lost 60 pd in 3 months   lots water   no meat   stared soy meat less meat.  no junk  water  lots excersise. 

kickinit
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

l love to dance....i would especially love to dance and practice with my husband, but he's a poop and is self conscious and won't work at it with me...ugh!  It would be geat exercise...my oldest son refuses to dance period...wonder where he learned that from, ugh...my little boys would probably fight over me to dance...I can sure talk myself out of this easily can't I...funny...got to get motivated...lately I've been enjoying reading as i'm busy all day in the lambing barn...and when I come in the house...whew I want to rest...why can't losing weight be easy, ya know...god bless

Quoting kajira:

Dance.

seriously.

I dance with my kids at least 15 minutes per day. LOL

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I lost 50lbs one time by an Atkins-type diet. Eggs, cheese, coffee and slice of toast for breakfast. Greek yogurt (2%) with fruit on bottom okay for snack. Any meat and salad for lunch. Protein shake for snack. And a super-lite dinner. The same as lunch but half as much. Good Luck

kickinit
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I'm allergic to soy..family thing...I have to eat meat as its full of protein (plus for gods sake we raise beef for a living) as my bloodsugars don't stay level w/o it.  I do agree with lots of water and I love drinking water and yes I cut out all junk drinks...I still have a soda once a week for a treat....I really am doing lots of things right....but i'm sure more exercise would really help..motivation motivation...thanx god bless

Quoting jthompson1976:

i lost 60 pd in 3 months   lots water   no meat   stared soy meat less meat.  no junk  water  lots excersise. 

kickinit
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I think this would be a great diet plan.  I also have been working on protion size.  I also agree with a light meal and a fuller family meal once a day.  this is great reminder of that habit...god bless

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

I lost 50lbs one time by an Atkins-type diet. Eggs, cheese, coffee and slice of toast for breakfast. Greek yogurt (2%) with fruit on bottom okay for snack. Any meat and salad for lunch. Protein shake for snack. And a super-lite dinner. The same as lunch but half as much. Good Luck

jthompson1976
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

i have thyrod prob i have to work my tail off to lose. i take medformen for my insilin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN