Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Things are looking up!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 6 Replies

We've always been in a rut financially. We would either be living paycheck to paycheck between the two of us, or just barely squeaking by. I know I've ranted a few times about it.

Things are starting to look a lot better these days. His rate of pay just changed (going from hourly rate to salary) so he's guaranteed a paycheck even when things slow down (as they do at times in the oil field business). We even figured out that with a good paycheck, we can easily pay off one of our large credit card bills (we have two, excluding our student loans) with just one (and still have money left over for our other bills, etc). 

It'll be a relief because that will be one step closer to being able to refinance our house and to finally buy a new vehicle, plus have an electrician come in to redo the wiring as well as get the repairs done on our bathrooms, etc etc (not saying this is the order things will be done, just listing, LOL).

I wonder if DH would object to me hiring a housekeeper. I suck, LOL.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mallowcup17
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:04 AM
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kittie26
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Just remember to make a budget and stick to it. I've always had a problem with finances. I make enough that I *should*  not have any trouble, but I'm paycheck to paycheck because I always feel like if there is money in the account, then why can't I buy a new shirt, or get Aly some new shoes even if she already has a perfectly good pair? The little purchases add up to meaning I still have no savings and no credit. I wish you better luck than I have had at regulating myself! lol

thatgirl70
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting Kittie26:

Just remember to make a budget and stick to it. I've always had a problem with finances. I make enough that I *should*  not have any trouble, but I'm paycheck to paycheck because I always feel like if there is money in the account, then why can't I buy a new shirt, or get Aly some new shoes even if she already has a perfectly good pair? The little purchases add up to meaning I still have no savings and no credit. I wish you better luck than I have had at regulating myself! lol

Oh yeah, that's my problem too I admit. That's why I wanted to open up a savings account again (it was closed out because we didn't have any money in it and couldn't add to it for a long time). I told DH that he needs to setup his direct deposit to put in so much every pay period (plus we can add extra whenever). That will definitely help. It's just a matter of getting him to remember to do that, LOL. He's coming home today so I'm going to remind him again.

Leobaby2007
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Oh, yay! I am so happy for you. I suck at housekeeping too- I don't "do" toilets lol so I do have a cleaning service come once a week for a reasonable charge. I would rather not buy food for myself and pay for this instead lol.

I also suck at budgeting. It's so important, otherwise a person just falls back into debt over and over again and the more money you make, the more you end up spending, right???

So, let's try to improve together, OK??? wink mini

I'm so thrilled for you about your husband's bump in pay and everything else!!! Congrats!

thatgirl70
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man. And I kind of feel guilty (especially when I read about how other SAHMs are always cooking and cleaning, etc etc), but my DH is gone a lot so it's not like I have to keep up appearances, LOL. I was actually doing ok until Christmas, then we had company and things got messy again and then I got sick for almost a month straight (back to back illnesses) and that just wiped me. I do keep things picked up, but I definitely need some better organizational skills LOL.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Oh, yay! I am so happy for you. I suck at housekeeping too- I don't "do" toilets lol so I do have a cleaning service come once a week for a reasonable charge. I would rather not buy food for myself and pay for this instead lol.

I also suck at budgeting. It's so important, otherwise a person just falls back into debt over and over again and the more money you make, the more you end up spending, right???

So, let's try to improve together, OK??? wink mini

I'm so thrilled for you about your husband's bump in pay and everything else!!! Congrats!

TristansMom440
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

That's great news!!  If we ever had extra income, the FIRST thing I would do is hire a housekeeper!!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)