Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My daughters ESE Teacher arrested and fired

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM
  • 69 Replies

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/17926141/2012/04/29/charlotte-teacher-husband-busted-growhouse  

I am totally heart broken over this. The school called the parents who have students in her class to tell them she had been fired for this, but doing my own investigation  I found that her husband has been arrested numerous times in the past and even for domestic violence, how do we know that she wasn't too scared to leave him?  I feel as if she deserved a formal investigation before getting fired, does anyone else agree? What if she were to be tried in a court of law and found innocent, but by that time she has already lost her career and her life has been destroyed. Mrs. Hanna was a great teacher and now I am going to have a hard time explaining why my daughter wont see her anymore.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3mx2mom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why teacher's need a union. If there was a teacher union in North Carolina, she wouldn't be able to be fired without a due process hearing.

briansmom123
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Is is sad to see a good teacher fired, I hope that she is able to clear it up and get her job back.

Chrissy0918
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM
That's sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this
All over a plant. Very sad.
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm sorry - but fear is not an excuse to not report her husband and get out, she knew that if she didn't say anything, she'd be held responsible, legally. She failed her students and I hope she rots in jail for being irresponsible. Fear is not an excuse to break the law.
smarieljlee
by Sara on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt think any less of her teaching for the pot. But she kind of shot herself in the foot here.  She had to have known what it would come down to. It sucks that she is letting the kids down. I would be pretty angry.

rancharobeans
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM

that sucks... its not like schools drug test

nana_n_kais_mom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM
9 moms liked this

If your going to sit there and look the other way while your DH does illegal stuff, your character is questionable! If she was "afraid" to leave him when he was abusive and complied and let him grow pot in her home...she has issues and shouldn't be teaching kids, I don't care how nice she is she clearly has some seriouse mental problems if she allowed the behavior in her life. 

Mama to Briannah (11/02) Kai (11/05) Hunter (3/08) Colin (almost 3/10) Liam due June 22nd!

uirisg
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW... aren't we little Mrs Goody Goody... prancing through a delusional perfect little pretend world lost in thoughts of false grander ...rot in jail over a plant is a bit much...but those that "belive" they are perfect might not think so.

Quoting kajira:

I'm sorry - but fear is not an excuse to not report her husband and get out, she knew that if she didn't say anything, she'd be held responsible, legally. She failed her students and I hope she rots in jail for being irresponsible. Fear is not an excuse to break the law.

juicebox.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Ok, I'm not perfect and I don't live in a 'pretend world' but this girls right.  This was an elementary school teacher knowingly breaking the law daily.  If she was that concerned with her career, she wouldve been up and out of there long ago.  The fact is she stayed,  and I'm sorry, but harmless plant or not we have an elementary teacher with complete disregard for the law.  She did fail her students and by her own choice.

Quoting uirisg:

WOW... aren't we little Mrs Goody Goody... prancing through a delusional perfect little pretend world lost in thoughts of false grander ...rot in jail over a plant is a bit much...but those that "belive" they are perfect might not think so.

Quoting kajira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)