Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

It is a FACT ~ Autistic people are more beautiful! You didn't know that?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 25 Replies
6 moms liked this

I don't know if you guys know this about me, but I love to laugh.  My sense of humor has seen me through many a things. 

I was reading the post where a mom had commented that someone said that her child didn't look autistic....WTH   I have 3 boys on the spectrum so I have gotten my share of that myself. 

I like to get people going a little when they say something like that.  Here is how it usually goes down :)

Some busybody will usually say "What - Jonathan has Autism?  But he doesn't look like he has that!

I will look her straight in the eyes and say "What - you can't see it?  Look close -  you can't see it?"  I will then try to get her to look closer and see.

"NO?"   she says.

As serious as I can be, I say something like this.   "You must not know alot about autism. There is one distinguishing trait that all autistic people have.  It has be proven that all Autistic people are more beautiful than other people. You didn't know that?

Sometimes they get it but sometimes they don't.  Either way it makes me smile.

Have fun with it ladies, makes life sweeter!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alma4Mom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM

LOL! Have fun girl!  I was actually told my son was the cutest out of all 7 boy grandkids and to be honest he is extremely handsome and mysterious looking it's like you crave more attention from him... =)

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

well I know my son is handsome :) 

RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Love it!! 

Kittie26
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Haha - Love it! It would work really well with Aly, since she's the most gorgeous girl alive! :)

yeah, I'm biased... so what?

navyjen
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM

lol.  

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I love this response!  I'll have to remember it.  

Okay, I rarely post photos of my child, but here's one--bad haircut, but I still think he's beautiful! I guess all Mommas think this though :)

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM
that is great. thank you for sharing that.
homemommie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I do hear all the time how beautiful my ds's eyes are :)  Dang it, I was gonna post a pic and Hubby took all the pics off the computer :(

skerst83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I love it!! Humor has gotten me through (and out of) a lot in my life, especially when I had to embrace what my son was. I have to admit, I may steal your line when I'm having a gloomy day and need a little pick me up.  :)

sams_mum
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:17 AM

love it, I get this a lot with my Sam too, humour is so important, up there with breathing.  Will definitely use this when the next opportunity presents, thanks:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN