Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

It is a FACT ~ Autistic people are more beautiful! You didn't know that?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know if you guys know this about me, but I love to laugh.  My sense of humor has seen me through many a things. 

I was reading the post where a mom had commented that someone said that her child didn't look autistic....WTH   I have 3 boys on the spectrum so I have gotten my share of that myself. 

I like to get people going a little when they say something like that.  Here is how it usually goes down :)

Some busybody will usually say "What - Jonathan has Autism?  But he doesn't look like he has that!

I will look her straight in the eyes and say "What - you can't see it?  Look close -  you can't see it?"  I will then try to get her to look closer and see.

"NO?"   she says.

As serious as I can be, I say something like this.   "You must not know alot about autism. There is one distinguishing trait that all autistic people have.  It has be proven that all Autistic people are more beautiful than other people. You didn't know that?

Sometimes they get it but sometimes they don't.  Either way it makes me smile.

Have fun with it ladies, makes life sweeter!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (21-25):
ReachtotheStars
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Studies show autistic kids have on average more perfect features. Larger eyes perfectly spaced and so forth. Scientist guess it might be because autistic children dont want o be cuddled or close as infants usually, so its natures way of making sure parents notice them.

I have no idea how accurate the study is, but my nick has always had the most perfect features.

Right Click & Steal My Siggy

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.

IheartTea
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That's so cool!  I'll have to try it sometime.  :-)

ReachtotheStars
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:32 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20123858-10391704/children-with-autism-have-distinct-facial-features-study/
ROGUEM
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for this...now when I say this to people I know it is based on fact!  

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20123858-10391704/children-with-autism-have-distinct-facial-features-study/

ceci420
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM

my son always get complements on his eyes and how handsome he is

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN