Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I walked out on my job today...OT

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my son is sick.  Really sick.  I told my boss this morning that my son was sick and I had to leave by 8 am (shift ends at 9) so my husband could leave for work.  He said Ok.  I told my supervisor...he was less than impressed but I dont care about him, because my bosses ok is all that matters. It was coming up on 8 and we were slammed with work...I told my supervisor I had to go in like 5 minutes.  He called for help.  1 person came, he sent them to help someone else.  Another person came...again sent to help someone else.  I was like:  I gotta go! Another person came to help us out and the supervisor sent him yet to someone else.  It was 8:10.  I walked out. My boss saw me punch out and said: no one has come to releive you yet. Im gonna write you up.  I said: Write me up, I dont care. My kid is really sick and thats all the matters.  You should be happy you got me for 4 hours instead of calling out. I left.  

That job can suck it!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (21-24):
Sherry763
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hold your head high and let the facts speak for themselves.  Keep the emotions out of it.

You told them you had to leave.  You were clear.  State what happened with the others being helped.  Stand your ground and then leave them to respond to you.  Let them explain themselves.  If you feel

ok with their response and it makes sense to you fine.  Take the write up.  If not stay calm and simply and calmly state the facts again.  Hang in there.  

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

so what happened the next time you go to work?

jax3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The next day I went to work my one driver asked why I walked out.  I saidIi didnt walk out I told them I had to leave by 810. I told my boss I had a sick kid. My driver told me that my supervisor told him that I didnt even tell him I had to leave early and that I just walked off and he didnt know why.  So, that whole day I didnt talk to my supervisor and he didnt talk to me. Oh well. I dont care.  I called out today - my other 2 kids got the bug last night...I said forget it!  Im not going in.  Ive never taken a sick day...its time I did!  

jax3
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for all of your support ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN