Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I walked out on my job today...OT

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my son is sick.  Really sick.  I told my boss this morning that my son was sick and I had to leave by 8 am (shift ends at 9) so my husband could leave for work.  He said Ok.  I told my supervisor...he was less than impressed but I dont care about him, because my bosses ok is all that matters. It was coming up on 8 and we were slammed with work...I told my supervisor I had to go in like 5 minutes.  He called for help.  1 person came, he sent them to help someone else.  Another person came...again sent to help someone else.  I was like:  I gotta go! Another person came to help us out and the supervisor sent him yet to someone else.  It was 8:10.  I walked out. My boss saw me punch out and said: no one has come to releive you yet. Im gonna write you up.  I said: Write me up, I dont care. My kid is really sick and thats all the matters.  You should be happy you got me for 4 hours instead of calling out. I left.  

That job can suck it!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
tinatyty2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Good for you, I would have done the same in a heartbeat. I am a mother before ANYTHING else. I never "ask" my boss if I have to do anything involving my kids, I "tell" him. I wish he would tell me something! I like my job, but shi**, I love my kids! Tell that boss to stuff it! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMom29
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Well, good luck with that. 

terri-553
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM

You Go Girl,And yes I speak Austism.puppyI just don;t even try/explain to people.I don;t have time to try explain a meltdown.And frankly for the most part-I don;t care what people thinkyou rock

jeri.arellanes
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

You go girl!!!  When it comes to our children, don't mess with us!

Hugs!!!  Let us know what happens with your child.  I hope everything will be okay.  

Lissamia4
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I'm sorry. That's horrible. That supervisor is an a**hole. Most of the time they dot understand.
NoahsCoolMama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I agree with getting FMLA. It is a federal law that protects you and your job. I have it for myself. I am diabetic, but thankfully, have not had to use it. I just have it as a back-up in case I do not have time to use.

AmyLeah73
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM
If you want to earn some serious money, and work from home....contact me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeAvEnLyMoMoF3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM

BUMP!

RockinMama0608
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I'm sorry the management sucks  :(  If I was in your shoes, I would have done the same thing.   ((hugs))

angelhart3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Let them write you up and then put your response in there of what really happened. May need these 'back up' papers one day with unemployment or someone else. Your response in write up is VERY important. Good luck!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)