Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

For those who don't know, Aly's father has never been in her life. He knows about her, but he refuses to take responsibility. I don't even know where he is and his family doesn't either. I like it that way. He'd be a negative influence.

Well, people have always said to me that Aly looks just like me, and I keep saying no, her resemblance stops at hair color. But no one ever believes me. Well, Aly's aunt has made it official by sharing a photo on my wall. Aly looks just like her father. I guess it's nice to have validation that she doesn't look like me, but at the same time, ugh, if he were to ever see her, he couldn't deny her and might want to stick around. Ugh.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Replies (11-17):
Kittie26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

What about this (barring the blond hair)? One is my sister and one is his sister.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think her eyes, forehead, face shape, chin look like you! but maybe that is because she is such a feminine looking little girl. lol. i am having a hard time finding similarities with a boy!

Quoting Kittie26:

Their eyes and eyebrows are the same too -- just hard to see in that pic. I'll go grab some pics of me off FB.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

they have the same nose and mouth shape, but that is the only thing that i am really seeing that is THAT similar. do you have pics of YOU as a kid?

momtoscott
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

She's a mix of both of you, IMO, and she is so lucky to have your beautiful hair color.  As she gets older it will be interesting to see which parent she takes after more.  When DS was smaller, we were always told "he looks just like you"--whichever parent he was with.  Now he looks more like his dad, which I think is a good thing.  A picture from when he was very small, with his dad:

He has my hair color, DH's hair texture, my chin, my eye color, DH's eyebrows...

Des10ed2b
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

same thing. lol. the top one i see the similarities in the smile, mouth shape, and nose. But i think the eyes, face shape, and chin are closer in the bottom one. lol. 

Quoting Kittie26:

What about this (barring the blond hair)? One is my sister and one is his sister.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i think her eyes, forehead, face shape, chin look like you! but maybe that is because she is such a feminine looking little girl. lol. i am having a hard time finding similarities with a boy!

Quoting Kittie26:

Their eyes and eyebrows are the same too -- just hard to see in that pic. I'll go grab some pics of me off FB.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

they have the same nose and mouth shape, but that is the only thing that i am really seeing that is THAT similar. do you have pics of YOU as a kid?

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

RockinMama0608
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM

There definitely is a resemblance!  But, from your pictures, I can see a lot of you in her too  :)  She is a beautiful girl!

MommyRJ
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Wow yeah she looks like him.

Bryleys bio is not in the picture either, never has been. He looks JUST like him- but noone really knows that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smarieljlee
by Sara on May. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

that she does. She is beautiful

Quoting Kittie26:

Aly is absolutely beautiful... what I don't like is that she looks like him. I prefer she look like me or no one. Ugh. Thank god she wears the features much better than he does!

Quoting Chrissy0918:

Wow. They do look a lot alike! Crazy. My Trentan and his dad are look alikes asd well. Let me see if I can find some pics.

Oh, she's precious! Beautiful girl!

myfirstborn04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM
She is so beautiful. Bless you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN