Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Melatonin Night 1

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

Johny is sensory so hes usually over stimulated at nite after trying everything els ei decide dto try meletonin liquid .i gave it to him (1 dropper---4 drops is 1 mg but hes only 33 lbs so 1 dropper is enough)at approx 7:30 pm by 5 minutes to 8 he climbed in bed and fell asleep unaided!!lets see if he needs it more or eventually is calm enough to sleep unaided usually he only does this when ove rtired ...he was super over stimulated jumping on the bed etc and soona s he took the med he wa scalm ..i rathe ruse this caus eits natural then sedatives.any one els eus emelatonin?have u seen similar?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Yay!  Melatonin has been a lifesaver for us!!! 

marisab
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

yeah i pushe dthe dr to say it wa sok caus ei wanna try before sept when he starts 5 year old full day kindergarten  and well have wayyyy more going on

MilissaCarden
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Yes. I gave my son some on the first night with dinner. I thought no way this will work, he's crazy at bedtime....well he missed his bath that night. He fell asleep at the dinner table. Now we give it to him in bed when he needs it.
ROGUEM
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

fingers crossed  

Good Luck

joeian
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hello I am new to this site. I hope I can help in any way I can.  Our son who is 7 years old had been on melatonin for 3 years and has done great on it. He has made his own sleep schedule and it works for us. He wakes up the same time everymorning without the problems sleep medicines cause. Melatonin is a natural chemical that the body produces and it has had no side effects for Ian. Ian falls asleep at 8:30 at night and sleeps through the night and only wakes up to potty.  He wakes with very little prompting. We give Ian 5-7 mg. This is the only thing we will ever give him, it works great for him and it is flavored and chewable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)