Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regression! One of my worst fears for Daniel! Is he regressing?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

He was never the kid to reach his milestones at an appropriate age always struggled been in therapies since he was 10 months.  His therapists and social workers are all seeing him shy away again it's been tough from not sitting no eye contact screaming and crying thru whole sessions to running and learning words and the meaning but in the past 4 weeks all  of them see a regression in his social progress and a lil in his verbal in every session. He learned bye bye recently and says it to them all the time and wants to play alone again and can no longer tolerate them! I try to engage him so much but he is also kinda shutting off from me also I noticed it but said nothing till they all said it and stated it started the same week as I noticed it too much of a coincidence! Any advise ladies I want to cry it has been very difficult to get him were he is and I want to make sure I do not end up losing my son =...(   Buying a video camera ASAP Wish I could quit my job and just be with him all day! 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
twins0506
by Holly on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM
How old is he? Has there been any changes lately like with schedule changes or new things in the house? My boys are 3.5 and go thru this every once in awhile. Its mostly when their schedule gets thrown off track. They will regress and not talk or stim alot or not follow any directions. They always bounce right back though. It usually takes a week or 2 but they do come back. Just hang in there its normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alma4Mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We think it's cause his grandma is now watching him his grandpa used to watch him and tended to him very well he is that man's favorite grandchild and he says it to the world and well my Mom doesn't have as much strength to give him that much attention he usually comes around after a week but this time it's been a month but yes the extra stimming and regression exactly what you said... But I will have to just keep working on him like always oh and he is 2 1/2 yrs old! I guess I just get paranoid cause some parents say they lose their kids and the range Ive seen is 3-4 yrs old!

kajira
by Emma on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
routine changes often cause temporary regression. when we moved - our son was the worst he's ever been in behavior - he's now doing better than he's ever done at any house that he lived in, but the first few months of living here was very stressful/hard.
Alma4Mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Thanks ladies I feel better now as long as it's temporary I am good with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)