Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

It took 13 years 9 months and 6 days to achieve victory today. My son was finally definitively diagnosed with autism. 

I guess it may sound crazy to be thrilled with this label but I have been fighting everybody from doctors to the school system for help with my son, who has been labeled bad, LD, lazy. Now, I and he has proof that he is not a bad seed or a brat and now the school system has to provide the help he needs.  As you probably know this will open up a hopeful new world for him with therapies that he has never had a chance to be given before.

Now my turn, I make too much money for social security disability  for him which he had before and automatically qualifies for because he also blind. He has crappy PEIA 80-20 coverage.  Would it help to try to re-enroll him in CDCSP or Title 19 again.  I believe CDCSP is the program not based on parent's income. 

What kind of therapies outside of school should I start researching?

Thanks for the help.  Sorry so windy.  Skeeter1122

by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Replies (11-12):
cheerio44820
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Victory is sweet, but on goes the battle! But we as moms never give up the good fight! I wish many more victories for you and you son! Blessed be! 

LadyOsgood
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Congrats on the VICTORY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)