Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Hi! I am new!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi! My name is Ashley and I have a son Elijah (Eli) whom is 2 1/2 and is Autistic. He was just diagnosed on April 23rd of this year. I have a sponser coming to my house Monday to talk with us about the services that will be provided (speech and play therapies). This is very big for us and I am so glad that things are finally rolling. :) Can't wait to see what I learn from you all. Thank you very much :)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeri.arellanes
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  So glad you're joining us!  What a cutie your son is!

I remember when my son was diagnosed.  October 4, 1997.  He is now 17 and about to graduate from high school.  Time flies!  

Please let us know how the meeting goes with your sponsor.  

jkb_unlike
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome ^_^

my son is still waiting to be evaluated. i assume by the time i get a dx or anwsers at least my son will be about your sons age . btw i love the name eli he is definatly a cutie pie ^_^

Kittie26
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Ashley! I'm Katie, and my daughter Aly will be 3 in three weeks (ack!). She was diagnosed PDD-NOS last July and has come so far with therapies. Good luck on your journey!

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome.  My name is Dawn my 14 yr old son Austin has autism. 

MommyRJ
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi!
I'm Randee. My son is Bryley & he is 3.5- he was Dx January of this year

Good luck with everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissarose72
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. My son is 5 & in his last few months of sp ed preschool. He was dx prior to age 2 & has come a long way. For him, starting special ed preschool when he was old enough was great (after getting thru the major seperation anxiety). He's also benefitted a lot from ABA therapy.

RockinMama0608
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

LadyOsgood
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the most amazing and supportive group you will ever find.

My name is Kristina but most call me Lady O or Lady Osgood. I have a 4.5 yr old girl with PDD-NOS along with a few other things. I also have a 3 yr old with special needs.

If you have a question just ask. Share your victories and happiness, but also your frustrations and those not so fun moments. We are here for all of it.

shell3m
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME Ashley!!  :)   I'm Shell and I have 3 sons, my oldest Dean is why I'm here.  He got Dx when he was 2 and he's 7 now.  :) 

Marcy_182
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi you little boy is a cutie!!!  My son is 3 1/2 he was dx before he was 2 and with intensive therapies he has come a long way, like they sa:y early interventions work!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN