Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

A cause of Autism! Vaccines or Not What do you think? Included is Stupid debate I had with someone on Youtube!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • 70 Replies

HIM:

autistic kis are created when normal kids that are sensitive to mercury get vaccines containing mercury. itys terrible that the government forces these children to be this way because its the law. they did studies on mice that proved this and it is why the symptoms only seem to show up at 2 years old, because thats when the mandatory measles mumps rubella vaccine is given. we should protect children by working to get mercury containing vaccines banned.

ME:

Can you please stop these theories my son was born with Autism I saw something in him since birth the Dr's saw it at 6 months and referred him to early intervention I did not eat foods with mercury while pregnant I like veggies meat and I hate canned food... He has not regressed even when vaccinated he has yet to reach a milestone at an appropriate time! I learned about Autism once he was 2 years old it made total sense! I doubt his no eye contact till a year was caused by his 2 yr vaccines!

HIM:

i wish it was a theory...they proved it by inducing it in mice which mice if you know have no history of autism. they used human vaccines containing mercury and lo and behold the mice showed signs of autism. im sorry that your son has had this inflicted upon him but dont shoot the messanger:)

ME:

I am not shooting the messenger it's just the statement is not accurate fragile x is similar to Autism there can be so many other explanations there can be other causes for the mices reaction what I am trying to say is not all autistic kids as you stated are created when normal kids sensitive to mercury get vaccines he was never "normal" to begin with along with some other children with Autism. I am just trying to inform you from my perspective...

HIM:

not in a carefully controlled labratory experiment...but you are intitled to your opinion tho id trust the people with the degrees and the training in research over an opinion from someone not in the feild

ME:

Okay take their experiment normal mice expose them to mercury "Autism symptoms" Interesting study... My Son born with Autism! In other words BORN WITH AUTISM never Normal/NT vaccinated him no change. They would have to do a different study to determine the cause if not genetic of these specific kids. This laboratory experiment would be relevent in my case if I'd been vaccinated while pregnant! Ask a person with a degree and sense regarding my analogy.

Sorry just had to share blahblahblah!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LIMom1105
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I thought mercury has been out of children's vaccines for years now.

Also, while this is just one personal anecdote, my son showed symptoms around 18 months, possibly earlier if you consider his speech wasn't developing beyond pointing. My son did not have the MMR vaccine (or any live virus vaccine) until he was over 2 years.  By then, symptoms were already present.  I do wonder if the sheer load of vaccines can do something to the immune systems of certain children, but there is nothing proving this at this point. But I know the MMR vaccine this person mentions did not cause autism for my child.

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM
bump

Aspiemom0203
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I noticed my DS was very lethargic and only opened his eyes when we were alone for the first month. It of course goes on from there. I wonder if him being early caused it, but probably not. I think it's hereditary. Who knows. Not vaccines, it was before then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

anytime they find a "cause" or a "link" its only for 2 to 3% of the ASD population!

I think for a very few number of children, yes, maybe the vaccines were overload. But for the majority, no, it had no impact whatsoever. which is why, in study after study, the conclusion is "there is no link between autism and vaccines"

Alma4Mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

My son was born and he was spaced out till about a year and hated to be carried at one point I thought he couldve had brain damage or mentally retarded but he is now exceling in ways I never imagined thankfully...  But according to this individual it is something I did or consumed during pregnancy *eyesrolling* this was his reply...

Him:

they proved you cant be born with it but can get it from the mercury...maybe you were exposed to other sources of high levels of mercury when pregnant if your theory is correct...the scientists who conducted the experiment had degrees and i read the report so i already know who knows what they are talking about in this matter

I hate how he stresses having a degree and research in a lab when sometimes a Mom just knows their kids They proved you can't be born with it? Where? But obviously this individual has no clue or sense....

Quoting LIMom1105:

I thought mercury has been out of children's vaccines for years now.

Also, while this is just one personal anecdote, my son showed symptoms around 18 months, possibly earlier if you consider his speech wasn't developing beyond pointing. My son did not have the MMR vaccine (or any live virus vaccine) until he was over 2 years.  By then, symptoms were already present.  I do wonder if the sheer load of vaccines can do something to the immune systems of certain children, but there is nothing proving this at this point. But I know the MMR vaccine this person mentions did not cause autism for my child.

justfiveofus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/thimerosal/thimerosal_timeline.html

You can give him that link to the CDC.  As well as this one:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Autism/Index.html

Personally, I am in agreement with you.  I started researching autism when my ds was 6 months old because I knew something wasn't right.  In addition, I have three kids, all have been vaccinated on the same schedule and only one is on the spectrum.  Also, I wouldn't just trust those with their degrees.  I worked with doctors in a hospital for a long time and while I have respect for them and their professions because they were good doctors I worked with, even I caught mistakes that they made once in awhile. 

Alma4Mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Yeah my thing was trying to explain to him/her not all autistic kids are the same and the whole only applies to 2 to 3% is so frustrating I rarely look much into certain studies outcomes cause honestly most are so ridiculous or n/a in my boys case! The genetic one is probably the most realistic but even then there are cases when the parents and family just dont fit the description

Either way my son is super super adorable all of them are =)

shrugging

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

anytime they find a "cause" or a "link" its only for 2 to 3% of the ASD population!

I think for a very few number of children, yes, maybe the vaccines were overload. But for the majority, no, it had no impact whatsoever. which is why, in study after study, the conclusion is "there is no link between autism and vaccines"

Alma4Mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thanks for sharing I mostly meet parents with kids that regressed and I wonder how many out there are like my son and were just born this way. I did not know about Autism till I was told by a therapist my son looks to have SPD and everything I read took me to Autism also he was 2 when I started researching and he was diagnosed at 27 months he had been in early intervention 17 months already before his eval they wanted him to progress a little more people have no idea how much we analize and work hard for our kids every little thing matters...

Quoting justfiveofus:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/thimerosal/thimerosal_timeline.html

You can give him that link to the CDC.  As well as this one:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Autism/Index.html

Personally, I am in agreement with you.  I started researching autism when my ds was 6 months old because I knew something wasn't right.  In addition, I have three kids, all have been vaccinated on the same schedule and only one is on the spectrum.  Also, I wouldn't just trust those with their degrees.  I worked with doctors in a hospital for a long time and while I have respect for them and their professions because they were good doctors I worked with, even I caught mistakes that they made once in awhile. 

twins0506
by Holly on May. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like my boys were born this way but I do know and have heard of many mothers who say their children were born "normal" and "vanished" so to speak over night. Its all up in the air and there will never be a cure or an answer to it. They will never say whether it was vaccines or not so I just gave up on that. Now I'm just concerned about getting my boys help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alma4Mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I agree what bothers me tho is these stupid ideas and studies that really do not explain things so we get looked at like freakin Jenny McCarthy attention seeking phsycho Moms curing Autism type and people don't believe in it and think your kids condition/disorder is not real!

Quoting twins0506:

I feel like my boys were born this way but I do know and have heard of many mothers who say their children were born "normal" and "vanished" so to speak over night. Its all up in the air and there will never be a cure or an answer to it. They will never say whether it was vaccines or not so I just gave up on that. Now I'm just concerned about getting my boys help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN