Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

what do moms do when they are sick?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 21 Replies
From my own experience the past few days have been awful. Unable to breathe, fevers, and help to get in and out of bed. Called my ex to come and get the kids, and from there I slept. My mom came over n helped me get in and out of bed. This shitake is horrible!! Breathing treatments cough syrup, vomiting, cough drops. Gross n nasty salt water gargle. Why is it my oldest ones never get sick? But when it comes to me? It is hell!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM

ya when i'm sick i dont get alot of help, but take help when i get it.  it's like moms arent allowed any slack when they are sick, they still have to do everything :(

srcamacho
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I am not even 27 yet!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltycoqui
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I'm in my 40's. Live w/ my dad. He never notices when I'm sick. Even w/ the flu. He never noticed when my mom was still married to him. What do I do? Drag my ass around as best I can. I keep some frozen and canned foods for those kind of times when I can't cook. When my kids were very little it was very hard. but I made extra effort to send them to school so I could rest. Then set alarm to wake up to get them from the bus. Now they are teens and can at least use the microwave and bathe themselves. I don't miss the old days at all.  

acrogodess
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
I do the same thing I do when I'm not sick because no one ever takes care of me. If Pete actually makes me a pouch of Lipton soup or some hot lemon zinger or buys me some cough meds it's a damned miracle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Hugs momma feel better soon.

justfiveofus
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
The last two times I have been sick dh was out of town on business (I teased him that he planned it). The first time the kids and I were all sick. I would lay on the couch and let the kids watch TV and drift in and out. Luckily they were all sick enough that they just laid around as well. There was a big mess of saltine cracker crumbs in the living room though. I got out long enough to get gatorade, soup and crackers.

This last time it was only me so I had to get them to school and feed them and whanot. Basically I just do the minimum needed when I am really sick. If dh is gone I have no one. My MIL lives a few hours away but she wont ever help us with anything and my family is 2000 miles away.

Take it easy and feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by Holly on May. 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM
My bf helps when he's home but he's usually working all day. So while he's at work I have to suck it up and keep on chuggin along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

unless i have the flu or something that i truly cant get out of bed i just take nondrowsy medicine and do the best i can...dh does help and so do my parents and his family when they are able to so thankfully i have some help...

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on May. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

UGH! Ive been sick with a horrid cold at the same time my mom was. I just had to keep doing things anyways. Booger Bear didnt get sick tho. Of course. I hardly ever get sick which is a good thing. I have a once a yr thing where I either get a cold or something and this yr was flu. luckily my mom lives with me and took care of him while I was sick.

LadyOsgood
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM

It seems this time around all 3 of us girls are sick but DH escaped it. We all have the flu...last week it was strep throat and the week before it was ear infections.

I push through it. I do what I can and DH picks up where I leave off. Dinner is planned out so if he has to cook there wont be a problem. He knows night routine as well as I do. I am borderline anemic but when that awesome time of the month hits I get really tired (like falling asleep driving tired) and just general ick. My iron drops and I am useless even with the supplements. But that still leaves me alone with the kids during the day. I push through it the best I can.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)