Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: mom2baq
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
The first time my son used the sign for "more" after a gazillion times of reinforcing it.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
Autism Support Across the Spectrum
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
All the great support from moms just like me and some that are nothing like me.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) I watch my TiVo'd Glee and I adore cooking
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Eat, Pray, Love
Movie: The Devil Wears Prada
Song: Good Feeling - Flo Rida
Food: A rare petit filet mignon from Ruth's Chris (YUM!!)
Place to travel to: Back home to Miami
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Gloria Estefan - She is a Cuban icon. I have always thought it would be magnificent to meet her.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Cherish your marriage first. Your children will flourish if they can grow up surrounded by that love.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
A nurse and I am a Registered Nurse Educator
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
I wouldn't trust anyone to be me for the day. Too many people are counting on me to be me and I wouldn't want to let them down.
Now answer her question for YOU:
What is the best thing about you? I think a question like that empowers women to feel good about themselves and we can all use that.