Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, mom2baq, spends most of her time in the Autism: Support Across the Spectrum group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

The first time my son used the sign for "more" after a gazillion times of reinforcing it.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

Autism Support Across the Spectrum

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

All the great support from moms just like me and some that are nothing like me.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)  I watch my TiVo'd Glee and I adore cooking

5. What are your favorites: 

Book: Eat, Pray, Love
Movie: The Devil Wears Prada
Song: Good Feeling - Flo Rida

Food: A rare petit filet mignon from Ruth's Chris (YUM!!)
Place to travel to: Back home to Miami

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

Gloria Estefan - She is a Cuban icon.  I have always thought it would be magnificent to meet her.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Cherish your marriage first.  Your children will flourish if they can grow up surrounded by that love.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

Compass

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

A nurse and I am a Registered Nurse Educator

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

I wouldn't trust anyone to be me for the day.  Too many people are counting on me to be me and I wouldn't want to let them down. 

Now answer her question for YOU:

What is the best thing about you?  I think a question like that empowers women to feel good about themselves and we can all use that.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Replies (11-14):
chdhah06
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Dear Mom2baq:  I loved your response that you wouldn't trust anybody to take your place today because of the people who count on you.  That's a tall order to fill.  Just wanted to say I enjoyed reading what you posted and God bless YOU!!

Baha_84
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Congrat mom of the day....I'm always me. I don't change...

Hilary799
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Congrats! I will give the shirt off my back to anyone who needs it. And I go without so my children get what they need. (6)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJSMOM91804
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

The best thing about me?  Even at my age, I'm still learning. My children teach me more about life every day. I have learned compassion & sympathy but most of all, I have learned what it takes to be strong, physically, emotionally & spiritually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)