Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

looking for hypnotist for mild autistic teenage boy

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son is going through puberty, first year in high school and struggling with low self-esteem and mild depression at this point on and off, and obsessing thoughts of self doubt.  Need help, he is always making an effort to stay positive day by day.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RockinMama0608
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

My boys are still young so I have not been through this myself.  I know there are a few other moms that have teenage boys (or adults) so maybe they will have more advice to give you.  I would just keep telling him something positive throughout the day to try and raise his esteem.   ((hugs))

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

IDK about a hypnotist but I would try to have a male relative or friend have a heart to heart with him, telling him his positives, and a lil about puberty and how it's normal to have feelings etc

connersmom1228
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Have you thought about a psycologist or a counciler? My son is 14 and started having severe OCD problems with the start of 8th grade and puberty.  My insurance covered the first 6 sessions and then helps pay for a portion of the therapy. It's really helped my son a lot.  Sometimes just having a person they can talk to (other than Mom or Dad - lets face it, sometimes we're the ones they need to vent about) can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)