Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missing my son

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son has autism and i really miss him i dont even no if hes alive ......   I gave him to a good home when he was one i was young and alone but now im just wondering if i did the right thing .... He has other health problems like cp, fiber type disportion ....    Really need friends and support ....    hugs

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twins0506
by Holly on May. 8, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Hugs! Do you know where he is? Is there any way you can get in contact with him? We're here for you anytime!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

((hugs))

elizabeth703
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

no i dont no where he is or have contact with him until hes 18

Quoting twins0506:

Hugs! Do you know where he is? Is there any way you can get in contact with him? We're here for you anytime!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM

((hugs)) 

HFBMOM
by Julie on May. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
3 moms liked this

(hugs). I would write letters to him. Maybe every year on his birthday, then as occasions come up like mother's day and valentine's day or just when you miss him the most you can write to him as well. Even though you can't give the letters to him now, you can write down the things you are doing, and feeling and the life you are imagining for him. Once you are able to give the letters to him, he may be able to use them to get to know who you are and why you asked another family to take care of him. 

I'm sure you did what was right for both of you at the time. It is difficult to make decisions that will have lasting, lifelong effects, but you did your best with what you knew and where you were in life. Try not to second guess yourself, even when you are feeling lonely. Raising children is difficult, raising children with special needs is harder and if you are young as well, that's the trifecta, right? You made the best decision you could. (hugs)

Helping Moms Work from Home
www.HealthyFamilyBiz.com

myfirstborn04
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Hugs I agree with HFBMOM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth703
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

thk u all for your support .... kiss

Siobhan69
by Siobhan on May. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You said you gave him to a good home, does that mean he was legally adopted? If so I think you can contact the agency and find out how he is doing or at least know he is alive. Being young and having a special needs child can be very hard so I am sure you made the right choice in choosing a good home for him to thrive in. Sending good wishes to you and hoping you can some day reconnect with your son

marisab
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Hugggs!!How old is he or would he be now??can you look him up or was it a closed adoption?

elizabeth703
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM

He would b 17 in august his is Steven

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)