Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Ways to stay energized?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

We all know that raising kids can be exhausting, but even more so for moms of kids on the spectrum.  So, what are some ways that you stay energized throughout the day?

(And yes, I am asking because it seems no matter how long I sleep, I always feel exhausted!)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
navyjen
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Are you taking a multi vitamin daily?  This may help some.  Drinking plenty of fluids could help too.  I also find the more active I am the more energy I have.  

RockinMama0608

I was taking multivitamins regularly but it has been a few weeks since I last took one.  That could be why I feel so drained lately!  Thanks for the suggestion  :)

Quoting navyjen:

Are you taking a multi vitamin daily?  This may help some.  Drinking plenty of fluids could help too.  I also find the more active I am the more energy I have.  

angelhart3
2 moms liked this

Turn the music on and dance!!!! Exercise really gives you a boost!!! Good luck!!!

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Drinking water is good.  I know I feel better when I'm eating healthier foods overall. Exercise helps too, though I know it's very hard to fit it in, so I don't do it as much as I should.  Avoid sugary foods especially--they can make your blood sugar spike then drop.

Personally, I rely on caffeine too much, but this is not an answer.

I'm always tired too (or it seems that way) but I do have lupus and that's a symptom.  

Aspiemom0203
I completely understand. Mama needs a girls only mini vacation! If only I followed my own advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i go for diet cokes, but that's not the best advice LOL LOLĀ 

RockinMama0608

I rely on caffeine too much too... lol. 

Quoting LIMom1105:

Drinking water is good.  I know I feel better when I'm eating healthier foods overall. Exercise helps too, though I know it's very hard to fit it in, so I don't do it as much as I should.  Avoid sugary foods especially--they can make your blood sugar spike then drop.

Personally, I rely on caffeine too much, but this is not an answer.

I'm always tired too (or it seems that way) but I do have lupus and that's a symptom.  

RockinMama0608

LOL!  I am guilty of it too  ;)

Quoting aidensmomma508:

i go for diet cokes, but that's not the best advice LOL LOL 

HFBMOM
by Julie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

If you are always tired, you may also want to have your thyroid checked... 

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

i am also always tired.  My son is 5 and ASD.  I am 46 post menopausal,on meds for low thyroid.  I had a sleep study bc I was always exhausted no matter how much sleep I got.  I have sleep apnea-I stopped breathing 12 x an hour.  Which wakes you up then you go back to the 1st sleep stage ,when you need to spend the most time in 3rd and 4th stage to get restorative sleep.  I now wear a CPAP mask/machine which forces air in .  I sleep much better.  I am tired now bc I am depressed/anxious.  Gotta get gd sleep-or else some bad things can happen-like heart disease,wt gain,diabetes,high bld pressure...Sigh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)