Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My daughter, Jeanen. Jeanne is ADD, autistic, OCD and anxiety. I

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have a daughter, Jeanne, who is ADD, autistic, OCD and anxiety.  Jeanne is 17 and has the mind of a 2 year old.  Because of the OCD, Jeanen is out of control, overpowers me, takes control of me, and takes advantage of me.  Jeanen has gotten to the point where I can't handle her anymore, and she's been placed, temporarily, with her dad, my ex-husband, while she and I both get some help, so that we can have a better relationship.

I don't have enough contact with Jeanne, and I barely see her, or talk to her at all.  The stress is almost unbearable.  I need to learn how to cope better, so that I can handle Jeanne better, when she is returned to me.   

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jeanne61
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Hi nice to meet you. I am Jeanne, Mum to glen 18 who has ASD & behavioural & learning difficulties. I had to get him placed in a care home last year because I could not cope with his aggression any longer. It was the most difficult decision but best decision I have probably made. He is doing quite well since being in the home and has 24 hour care which is brilliant.

Have your considered this option? It sounds like you have been having a difficult time with your daughter and it doesn't get any easier as they get older and stronger of course. Have you got much support from professionals could you ask about the care home option or is this something you do not want to happen? I do feel you need to think long and hard as to what is in the best interest of yourself and your daughter.

I have sent you a email. Look forward to hearing from you. Take care.
Jeanne61
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM

BUMP!

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

hugs

myfirstborn04
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Hugs momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN