Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Some of yall know that I have gone back to school and have plans to be a Special Education Teacher.

It's time for my first research paper and I am stuck on topics. I can choose but I have to pick a side. Basically if I write about Autism I would have to pick a side of the vaccination debate. Or maybe the pro's of EI. Or if medication really does help/or doesn't help.

Get the picture?

So here is where yall can help.

If you could write about anything...ASD or not...what would it be?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Replies (41-47):
elizabooks
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM
The TES.edu.uk site has a good topic/discussion board for educators. They might have someone on there that can help.
aakeiser
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
How about how schools are not set up for kids with autism, and how it effects the kids..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
citygal323
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I wrote a research paper on the vaccination controversy a few years ago. There's lots of good information about it. I even found docs that held information about a possible cover up. If you are interested, I'm sure I could look it up. Iam currently writing about the iPad as an AAC for autistic individuals. Just a thought :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyOsgood
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I could work that in with the idea of schools and acknowledging what is in the IEP. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Quoting aakeiser:

How about how schools are not set up for kids with autism, and how it effects the kids..

LadyOsgood
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I thought about writing about the tools used for ASD and other special needs children and adults. Vaccinations just don't hold my interest. I mean they do but I'm not against them but not for them...maybe instead of a side I could go in the middle. I don't know lol

Quoting citygal323:

I wrote a research paper on the vaccination controversy a few years ago. There's lots of good information about it. I even found docs that held information about a possible cover up. If you are interested, I'm sure I could look it up. Iam currently writing about the iPad as an AAC for autistic individuals. Just a thought :)

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM
How the treatment of people with developmental disorders has changed over time (from stuffing them into nuthouses to IE and such)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyOsgood
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM

That's a good one. I even have family that is old school. We don't speak about the problems and quirks...brush them under the rug and pretend they don't exist types. I could go somewhere with that subject. HMMMMMM

Quoting MissTacoBell:

How the treatment of people with developmental disorders has changed over time (from stuffing them into nuthouses to IE and such)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN