Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Worried about trip to Seattle.

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
On Thursday I am going to take my Axel to Seattle for his appointment. I haven't told him yet. Reason: highlight of the week and he is due to utterly annoy the hell outta me with it. So I have kept quiet. He is socially inable to realize it drives me crazy!!! If he is excited he will repeat it 40 to 50 times a day. Same with certain days of the week. Lol. I love him, but it is a big concern, since I do want to go shopping while there but he is not able to go to a store without throwing a fit and makibg a scene.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HFBMOM
by Julie on May. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

LOL! Only laughing because my NT DD used to do that too. I never told her things more than a day ahead of time because I would get so tired of her excitement. I know that sounds terrible, but... she's ten years old now, and I don't hide things from her any more.  Sorry, I don't have any ideas for you about shopping.

marisab
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM

can u take a friend to help you?

srcamacho
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I can't take a friend because most are not able to understand my sons "issues" and others have absolutely no patience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

There are times (a lot of the time) when I don't have any help and things just need to get done, so I just put on a brave face and take Dean with me.  He is who his is.  **shrugs**  Sometimes we get through a store just fine, other times we don't but that's just our daily life so I just go and do what needs to be done.  :)

LadyOsgood
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Good luck! We avoid the store like the plague. But I also have two kids that can't handle shopping well. With one child...I might try to push through but keep in mind their needs (is it loud, cold, hot, crowded) and work around what I can.

srcamacho
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Lol. I really want to because it may be my only chance before my little one is born. Being a single mom is hard, but I think I will do ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN