Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What a find.. Saved me 80 bucks!!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ray and I have been stressing the financial aspect of having this baby.   Since I basically gave away all my baby stuff 3 months before I found out I was pregnant.  Baby is going to have to share our room.  There really isnt space for her in there either but there is more room there than in our 3 year olds room.  So at first I was gonna use Camryn's crib and just buy a new matress for it.  Well I decided it wont fit.  So this weekend I was about to buy another pack n play with a bassinett when I found the bassinet piece for my pack n play in the basement.  That was exciting.  I already bought her a carseat and I still have a stroller.  I bought a used bouncer and play floor mat thing. All we really need for her now is clothes 0 - 12 months size.   I will be hitting yardsales this summer to hopefully get some stuff cheap.  I sold Cammie's baby clothes fill a bag for 10 bucks.  Now I know I wont get that lucky but hers to hoping.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mallowcup17

thats great! :) have fun yard sailing, i always find awesome stuff that way

greenmommo
My best friend did the same thing-got rid of stuff and found out she was pregnant 2 weeks later. :/
Hopefully you'll find some good items. I tried to sell my babystuff at my garage sale, but a lot didn't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedi15

CONGRATS ON OUR SECOND CHILD.EVERYTHING WILL FALL IN PLACE.SOUND YOU SET .AS FOR CLOTHES I KNOW GOOD WELL THIFT SHOPS HAVE SOME ADORABLE BABY CLOTHES THAT MIGHT BE A PLACE YOU WANT TO CHECK INTO.

kickinit

Awesome!  So excited for your new addition.  Glad everything is falling into place...god bless

Kittie26

Good luck shopping! I've still got all of Aly's stuff tucked away, but you know that's because I'm hoping to use it again! lol

RockinMama0608

Good luck finding clothes for the baby!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

good find! do you think family will throw you a shower? 

navyjen
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting aidensmomma508:

good find! do you think family will throw you a shower? 

I honestly think at this point if any one was planning a shower for me I would know.   I am 27 weeks and no one has asked for a list of my friends or any thing like that.  And since Camryn is only 3 more than likely no one will throw a shower.   Sad sad.  I have been buying diapers at one package a week in hopes to not need to buy them when baby is here.  I am praying if anyone wants to get me anything they get me giftcards to go toward the purchase of a breast pump.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

yeah it seems that way, after you have a child you don't have a baby shower for following kids sometimes, that happened to my sister too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN