Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know anyone (OT)

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 3 Replies
Who's had any type of body transplant (maybe specifically the heart). My brother had a heart transplant 2 years ago today and he's really not taking care of himself at all. I've researched it and they said you can live forever... As long as you do everything right. Since the day he's been out of the hospital, he hasn't walked or exercised or he doesn't eat right at all. He's under a lot of stress at home so I'm sure that's why but he doesn't look good at all. He is soooo bloated. He looks 9 months pregnant. Hard as a rock. I feel so bad for him. And he's just been diagnosed with diabetes and still not eating good. My sisters friend had a heart transplant at 9 years old and of course as a teen you don't care and eat, drink, do normal teen stuff... Her heart rejected at 19 years old and didn't get another heart in time and died at 20 years old.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mallowcup17
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
My dad and fil have both had heart surgeries and have been instructed to follow very specific diets exercise regularly and get checked every few months at the least. The heart is not something to mess w especially after any kind of surgery involving it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I have a friend whose daughter received a heart transplant at 5 months old.  She is now 7 and doing great with the heart.  YOu ahve to take really good care of yourself or you risk rejection and death.    I would sit down and have a heart to heart with him.   Maybe he can undo the damage he has done.  

RockinMama0608
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I am sorry to hear that  :(  And no, I have never known anyone who has needed a transplant.  ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)