Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Developmental pediatrician, worth it or not?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

Yay or nay?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MilissaCarden
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My dev ped is the best dr my son has. She has made the biggest difference. But I think it's all about her and not her medical degree. You need to find the right people to help. You can always get an appointment and see if the dr is right for your family. Hope this helps.
momof3_dll
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Guess it depends on what you're looking for.  My ds has one and he is great with letting us know all the different therapies and resources out here.  DS only sees him every 6mos and each time we retake testing to see where he's at.  I'd say the biggest help with our dev. ped. is the knowledge of resources and being very thorough with his ongoing evaluations.

***Corrie***

twins0506
by Holly on May. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I agree with the others. It depends on what you're looking for. If you need something specific from them than its worth it. We have a regular pediatrician and my boys love her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes.  My son has seen two developmental pediatricians (we had to switch when we moved) and they have been wonderful!  But, we do not see her very often.  Most of the time we see his regular pediatrician.  The developmental is helpful in finding resources, checking his progress, or other things that a pediatrician may not have knowledge in.

by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM

A dev. ped. is who diagnosed R. We will see him every 3-6 months as needed right now to make sure she's progressing like he predicts she will. He is also the one who will make sure all is inline for our military stuff, and insurance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)