Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT but interesting info

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have epilepsy and am on a few different meds. Well I got a newsletter in the mail today and it was a bunch of statistics. Like any meds, my meds have a risk of birth defects. Well with both of my meds put together I have a 6% chance my child will come out with a deformity (cerebal palsy, spina bifida) I was always wondering what the statistics were and now I know. I thank god every day my boys came out 100% healthy. I guess they were that 94%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kittie26
by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:58 PM

That is good to know, but I'd freak about those chances if I were pregnant and on the meds. Of course, we all have a chance of having children with deformities or disabilities. That's just a risk we take when we become mothers.

letstalk747
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:31 PM

good , and good to know

twins0506
by Holly on May. 17, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Yea I worried at 1st but I'm going to be on these meds the rest of my life so I'm not going to let it stop me. Its a risk I'll take when I'm ready.

Quoting Kittie26:

That is good to know, but I'd freak about those chances if I were pregnant and on the meds. Of course, we all have a chance of having children with deformities or disabilities. That's just a risk we take when we become mothers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)