Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

omg I can't even **Photos Added!***

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 21 Replies
3 moms liked this

We attended the Northern New Jersey Autism Speaks walk today; our team was called "the mase-keteers" in honor of our son Mason. I'm SO proud of Mason. He walked 1.6 miles with no problems. He held a WHOLE conversation on his own for the 1st time ever today ♥ I witnessed such beautiful moments today. I am so blessed to be apart of such an amazing cause ♥ Having a child w| autism is a challenge as we all know but everyday we're getting closer to putting the puzzle together of why autism is what it is, how to treat it and possibly finding "cure" (or making life a lot more manageable) for the low functioning children of the spectrum ♥ Im so proud of my son and how far he's come xo I just had to share. Our goal was only $150 since it was our 1st year attending and we raised $700! I'm so proud. We didn't just walk for Mason but we walked for his 4 cousin all w| different levels autism too <3 it was such a wonderful day

Mason, our next door neighbor's daughter brianna, and my neice Bella

Mason's shirt I made <3

Mason and Brianna again

Aunt Melissa's Shirt

by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoscott
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds fantastic.  I'm glad you had such a good time and that Mason has come so far!

marisab
by on May. 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM

wow congrats and hope you had fun 2!!

brilliantchaos
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

So glad you all had a great time!

RockinMama0608
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Sounds like you all had a great day  :)  And I am so glad that you were able to have a conversation with your son!  ((hugs))

Jersey_class
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Sounds like you all had a great day  :)  And I am so glad that you were able to have a conversation with your son!  ((hugs))

it brought tears to my eyes, he told me what he did that day he just goes "i walked in my parade, we made a castle and i had so much fun. i saw 3 animals [the people dressed up as the Toys R us giraffe]" me and my fiance's jaws dropped. he's been saying "i love you too" as well for the last 3 days and my heart is melting

Inglefay
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That is wonderful that Mason is doing so well.  Congrats.

MommyRJ
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM
That's great!
Our autism walk Ian until October. Our goal was $600 and I think we have $400 already. Mostly thanks to my mom haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM

thanks for adding pics .looks like you had fun!!

mallowcup17
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM

sounds like a great time! wonderful pictures!

RockinMama0608
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Jersey_class:

Quoting RockinMama0608:

it brought tears to my eyes, he told me what he did that day he just goes "i walked in my parade, we made a castle and i had so much fun. i saw 3 animals [the people dressed up as the Toys R us giraffe]" me and my fiance's jaws dropped. he's been saying "i love you too" as well for the last 3 days and my heart is melting

Awwww!  :)  I bet that was the best conversation you have ever had! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN