Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We attended the Northern New Jersey Autism Speaks walk today; our team was called "the mase-keteers" in honor of our son Mason. I'm SO proud of Mason. He walked 1.6 miles with no problems. He held a WHOLE conversation on his own for the 1st time ever today ♥ I witnessed such beautiful moments today. I am so blessed to be apart of such an amazing cause ♥ Having a child w| autism is a challenge as we all know but everyday we're getting closer to putting the puzzle together of why autism is what it is, how to treat it and possibly finding "cure" (or making life a lot more manageable) for the low functioning children of the spectrum ♥ Im so proud of my son and how far he's come xo I just had to share. Our goal was only $150 since it was our 1st year attending and we raised $700! I'm so proud. We didn't just walk for Mason but we walked for his 4 cousin all w| different levels autism too <3 it was such a wonderful day

Mason, our next door neighbor's daughter brianna, and my neice Bella

Mason's shirt I made <3

Mason and Brianna again

Aunt Melissa's Shirt

by on May. 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
Juanita679
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM
fantastic

Kittie26
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM

That is awesome!

HFBMOM
by Julie on May. 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Fantastic! 

Alma4Mom
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I love this thanks for sharing my kid is doing things I never knew he could do it is amazing!

kajira
by Emma on May. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

love the shirts.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

very cute shirts and pics! thanks for doing the walk that's awesome!

aakeiser
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM
My son loves to do the walk. Ours is in Oct. His little face lights up. He talks about it for months..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jersey_class
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Yeah mason kept saying we were in a parade LOL

Quoting aakeiser:

My son loves to do the walk. Ours is in Oct. His little face lights up. He talks about it for months..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROGUEM
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Sounds wonderful...glad all went well!

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Jersey_class:

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Sounds like you all had a great day  :)  And I am so glad that you were able to have a conversation with your son!  ((hugs))

it brought tears to my eyes, he told me what he did that day he just goes "i walked in my parade, we made a castle and i had so much fun. i saw 3 animals [the people dressed up as the Toys R us giraffe]" me and my fiance's jaws dropped. he's been saying "i love you too" as well for the last 3 days and my heart is melting

Whoo-hoo! Go Mason! Glad to hear it was such a great day :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)