Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

New Here

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi my name is Tina. I am 26oyrs odl. I am a bio mommy of 3...DD6weeks, DD3yrs, and DS7yrs. I am also a step mommy of 3. DSD5yrs, DSS8yrs, and DSS 12yrs. We have sole custody of both DSS's since YDSS was 2yrs old. We have been struggling with behaivior problems with our 8yr old son his WHOLE LIFE! Well it recently was bad enough that we had to admit him into a mental hospital. There we found out he has ASD. We did some research and found out that everything we have been struggling with fits him perfictly. We went to SO MANY DRS and no one caught on to this. He was in the hospital for 4 1/2weeks and just came home yesterday. We were able to educate ourselfs and prepare our home to be a safer place for him. We prepared his siblings and so far things are going great. I feel terribe about one thing. We had to put a motion detector in his door way so we can hear when he comes out at night. I hope to get to know you ladies, because its hard to even talk to our family about whats going on.

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dereksmom1018
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM

That's okay. You do what you have to do to keep him safe.

CandyMoon
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Welcome! This is a great group. Looks like you got your hands full and it seems like you're doing a great job. It does help a lot just knowing you are not alone and that there are others who understand what you're going through. If anyone understands, it's the ladies here. 

Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Welcome! You should never feel bad about doing something to keep your son safe! We all do things that others who aren't in our situation don't understand.
twins0506
by Holly on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Welcome to the group!! You're doing the right thing. Is he going to be receiving any type of therapy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Welcome! My name is Shelly & I have a 9 yo daughter with Aspergers diagnosed about 6 months ago and a two year old dx with Aspergers just a month ago, and in all this process, learned I an Aspie too. I'm glad you
finally figured out what was going on. I was at my wits end with my DD when they dx her. I don't see any reason to feel bad about a motion detector. And the good news is, now you are armed with the key to helping him, and getting him therapy to help and it does get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Welcome :)  Do not feel bad you have to do what works for your family.  I have been where you are if you ever want to chat pm me.  It is hard to talk to family when it gets to that situation. :)

myfirstborn04
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Welcome and don't feel bad. I have locks on doors coboards, even the frig My 8 year old is a wanderer. He can eat and eat! Are you getting him any therapies? Therapy will help. Wish you the best and welcome again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Welcome to the group! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN