Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Please OT vent with me!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
Today I'm tired and beaten up & grumpy! And I want to gripe in here to get it out of my system. What are your gripes/per peeves not related to autism?

I'll start (haha!)! I CANNOT stand it when parents-mostly moms-are talking with their cell phone up to their ear going through the car line! Or get in a big SUV in the parking lot at school, on their phone, and throw their SUV in reverse WITHOUT even looking! Get off your damn phone in the school zone and pay attention to kids! My kid's life is more important than your phone call! And get bluetooth! I feel the same about texting & driving.

Okay-I feel better. Your turn ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supergirl_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Losing daycare business to almost free babysitters..im down to 2 kids which makes an income even harder ugh..so now im looking at different work at home options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

the woman at the park today who was playing way too hard with her much older children(think 9-11) while dakota was on the swing and almost had a head on collision and said nothing :( ugh. we left cuz i was going to lose my cool if we didnt. thankfully we had been there for a good while so it was time to leave anyways...

greenmommo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Wow-almost free? Like a family member or something?

Quoting supergirl_mommy:

Losing daycare business to almost free babysitters..im down to 2 kids which makes an income even harder ugh..so now im looking at different work at home options.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Ugh-that gets me too. People who run into you and don't say anything! I had a lady push her cart into me while I was paying at the checkout line at Target. When I made eye contact, she just looked at me like "what?!?"

Quoting mallowcup17:

the woman at the park today who was playing way too hard with her much older children(think 9-11) while dakota was on the swing and almost had a head on collision and said nothing :( ugh. we left cuz i was going to lose my cool if we didnt. thankfully we had been there for a good while so it was time to leave anyways...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

yup. now that schools out around here the parks arent as fun :( and it stinks....

Quoting greenmommo:

Ugh-that gets me too. People who run into you and don't say anything! I had a lady push her cart into me while I was paying at the checkout line at Target. When I made eye contact, she just looked at me like "what?!?"

Quoting mallowcup17:

ROGUEM
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My pet peeve is people who don't know what they want when they get to the order speaker in a drive thru line and make us poor people behind them wait while they stare at the menu for 10 minutes and go ummmm.   It is McDonalds people, the menu is embedded in our minds, pick a number and move up.

I also don't like people who don't have their deposit slips filled out before they get in line at the bank.  I am required to go to the bank every day and for some reason I always pick the wrong line...LOL  The you know the line were the lady needed a withdrawal slip and a pen and doesn't have the proper ID and her name is different and it is a 3rd party check and the lady wants to argue with the teller.

You know, to think about it, all my pet peeves involve drive thrus and people not being prepared.

greenmommo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Me too! I used to work at both places (fast food and bank) so my frustrations arise out of my time there.

My best friend is THE WORST at fast food. She gets there and the first thing she says into the speaker is-huh. And then she'll ask a question. Really? You've been thru here 4700 times. Then, while sitting there will argue back and forth with her kids and change their minds and she'll change her order at least 3 times. I want to strangle her before we move on. I remind her-that's how your food "accidentally" gets dropped. Not that I ever did that. :)

And your comment reminded me-people who, while stopped at a light or sign feel the need to leave 3 lengths between them and the car in front. Especially if they are then blocking the turn lane I need to be in. That's for braking distance people! You're already stopped!

Quoting ROGUEM:

My pet peeve is people who don't know what they want when they get to the order speaker in a drive thru line and make us poor people behind them wait while they stare at the menu for 10 minutes and go ummmm.   It is McDonalds people, the menu is embedded in our minds, pick a number and move up.

I also don't like people who don't have their deposit slips filled out before they get in line at the bank.  I am required to go to the bank every day and for some reason I always pick the wrong line...LOL  The you know the line were the lady needed a withdrawal slip and a pen and doesn't have the proper ID and her name is different and it is a 3rd party check and the lady wants to argue with the teller.

You know, to think about it, all my pet peeves involve drive thrus and people not being prepared.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Forgot to add: in my car, we have a drive thru rule-if you interrupt my ordering, you don't get anything from there.

Quoting ROGUEM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My biggest pet peeve is waiting for our appt at the psychiatrist.  He shows up almost an 1 - 1 1/2 late every time.  I know he does hospital rounds in the morning but why schedule people at 1:30 if he isn't going to be there until 3.  Drives me nuts.

greenmommo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Nicole's former psych used to do that and she had no reason! Appt was always at 8 She would just say-sorry, hard time getting out of bed. That's why we didn't stay with her.

I think Dr's offices should have texting systems that text you an hour, and then 30 min out if they are
running on schedule. Our time is
valuable too! And they should know the turmoil it causes in our life when things don't run on schedule.

Quoting Austinsmom4544:

My biggest pet peeve is waiting for our appt at the psychiatrist.  He shows up almost an 1 - 1 1/2 late every time.  I know he does hospital rounds in the morning but why schedule people at 1:30 if he isn't going to be there until 3.  Drives me nuts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN