Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Update on me....

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

Well "dad" has held on for his sons to get to him.  Thank you God!!  His oldest is already here and the younger son should be here today.  I'm not going to see "mom and dad" today because even though I love them like family and love me like family, I'm  not blood.  So I'm just giving them their family time.  His daughter is my best friend so we've been on the phone when we aren't at the hospital together and I think it's really helped us both.  He's doing better since they've stopped the Cemo but he still won't be leaving.  Now it's the count down.  I'm going back to the hospital next week.  I just wanted to say thank you to all you wonderful ladies to have givin' me love and support.  I love you ladies.  ((Hugs))

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HFBMOM
by Julie on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM

(((hugs to you Shell))).  I hope he is comfortable and peaceful. It is wonderful that his family is able to be with him at this time. I'm sure it helps all of them to be together.

Leobaby2007
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM
(((HUGS))), Shell. My own dad is still in the hospital- back in the ICU after surgery to correct bleeding in his brain. He is delirious, and totally confused. He is now having a hard time with word retrieval. I am not sure if he will live long enough to get out the hospital and even if he does, it's a long road to recovery and probably not 100% recovery either. We'd be lucky to get 80%.

His mind was always so sharp. He has an MBA from the University of Chicago. He has been featured un the Wall Steet Journal, NY Times and has been on The Today Show. He was CEO of a fortune 500 company at age 43, the youngest ever at the time.

Now he can hardly put 2 sentences together and the neurologists are dumbfounded!!!

I am crushed beyond belief.

It's so hard to see the ones we love disappear before our very eyes.

My thoughts are with you. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. XOXO
greenmommo
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Big Hugs to you both.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

(((HUGS))), Shell. My own dad is still in the hospital- back in the ICU after surgery to correct bleeding in his brain. He is delirious, and totally confused. He is now having a hard time with word retrieval. I am not sure if he will live long enough to get out the hospital and even if he does, it's a long road to recovery and probably not 100% recovery either. We'd be lucky to get 80%.

His mind was always so sharp. He has an MBA from the University of Chicago. He has been featured un the Wall Steet Journal, NY Times and has been on The Today Show. He was CEO of a fortune 500 company at age 43, the youngest ever at the time.

Now he can hardly put 2 sentences together and the neurologists are dumbfounded!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Quoting greenmommo:

Thanks, honey! I didn't mean to thread jack Shell's post. Just wanted her to know I was going through a similar situation. It really, really BLOWS.
shell3m
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

yes I know how you feel, "dad" just started talking again.  He is also so small now because he can't keep any food down.  The past couple of days he couldn't really talk and when he did you couldn't understand him.  It was just babble and confusion.  Now he can sort of talk again and actually knows what's going on because the Cemo was stopped.  We just want him happy till the end.  it's not easy huh?  My heart goes out to you too hun.  ((Hugs))

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

"thread Jack"  lol  Seriously though  ((Hugs)) to you both in this difficult time :)

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Quoting greenmommo:

Thanks, honey! I didn't mean to thread jack Shell's post. Just wanted her to know I was going through a similar situation. It really, really BLOWS.

shell3m
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM

thank you.  We were really worried because it was going to take the older son 3 days to get here and the younger son 4 or 5 days.  We were  praying everyday and I'm so glad they were able to make it. 

Quoting HFBMOM:

(((hugs to you Shell))).  I hope he is comfortable and peaceful. It is wonderful that his family is able to be with him at this time. I'm sure it helps all of them to be together.

shell3m
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you Dawn.

Quoting Austinsmom4544:

"thread Jack"  lol  Seriously though  ((Hugs)) to you both in this difficult time :)

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Quoting greenmommo:

shell3m
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, it's ok Allison.  It's nice to know that someone knows how you feel and can understand.  ((Hugs))

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Quoting greenmommo:

Leobaby2007
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Quoting shell3m:

Shell, when my grandmother passed away (cancer), I was 13 so I was old enough to remember that she was down to under 100 pounds. Her beautiful silver hair all fell out. She used to joke that she had gotten her "girlish and then some figure" back.

She wasted away, which is common with all the chemo.

My heart bleeds for you. XOXO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN