Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Now I know why they think my kids are ok and do not need more therapy

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

They frankly could care less about the kids who need the counseling and have trouble with the coping skills. We lost our original therapist ( she went to new job) , the therapist who took over her job already quit and the last orginal therapist who told my girls she would be there to help them transition just informed them that she is quitting the 19th to become a school teacher and that the counseling center basically could care less about these kids and are refusing to hire anyone else and are basically dropping my kids ( and this is also where there adhd meds come from to). I understand them wanting better jobs but the counseling center abandoning their patients is beyond me. The counselor tried to find my kids a different counseling center but they said no they do not come down this far. What am I susposed to do when my daughter mistates something in school and causes a CPS investigation :( I been through it twice and they were there to help me. Now I got to live in fear if she says something wrong that I could lose my kids over lies ( or what she cannot speak clear of). Ugh I am sitting here in tears wondering how I am going to help my girls. Especially my younger daughter. She is the one who struggles the most. When the other counselor quit she lost it did everything she could to get in trouble so she would not have to deal with the hurt. Help I am at a loss :(

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ROGUEM
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh so sorry.  I hope they get some people in there soon who care about the kids and see it as more than just a job.

Our2BabyBoys
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

All I can think to say is... I am so sorry that you are having to go through this mess. I seriusly could not imagine losing our therapist. I do think that I would break down and cry. I hope that they get their priorities in order, this can't be easy for your girls. I'm lost for words, just wanted to say that I am very sorry you are having to deal with this mess and I hope that it gets better very very soon!

sfredette
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Have you considered seeing if the school has counceling or even support groups for the girls to get involved with. Aside from the therapy groups at the behavior center.  I don't think I would have made it through middle school and high school without having someone to talk to. I could never really talk to my mom about my feelings. The councelors at school and big brother, big sister groups really helped.

Leobaby2007
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM
(((HUGS)))

This is scary to me, since my son is young and I know we will face many challenges ahead. :-(
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

yeah , i HATE when this happens

momtoscott
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I am so sorry this is happening to you.  IMO it is unethical for counselors to quit seeing patients without offering them a referral to another provider.  I would ask the counseling center, your school, and your PCP to help with getting you guys set up with another counselor, and I would document their responses (and let them know you are documenting them, they will not be so rude and unhelpful in that circumstance).  In the meantime, ask your counselor who is leaving for his/her recommendations on how to help your kids. 

shell3m
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I'm so sorry!!!  I'm dealing with CPS for the second time  myself.   there are several link in our Family Resources sticky post that might help.  At least it will give you some people to contact to see what can be done.  ((Hugs))

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM

my son mis-stated something at school. he's not in therapy, and CPS talked to us and dropped it. were probably going to end up home schooling next year though. :/ 

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My prayers are with you friend.

My son is young and we are just starting the whole process so we don't have a therapist or have dealt with any therapists so far...

I guess I would call everyone and anyone I could ... agency: public or private...

And of course what the other mommies on here said as well :)

WildCat73
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

These are the ones who work in the school , and outside of the school both. That is how we got involved with them inthe first place because we noticed issues going on and was not sure what was happening or causing it at first.

Quoting sfredette:

Have you considered seeing if the school has counceling or even support groups for the girls to get involved with. Aside from the therapy groups at the behavior center.  I don't think I would have made it through middle school and high school without having someone to talk to. I could never really talk to my mom about my feelings. The councelors at school and big brother, big sister groups really helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN