Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant do this

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 36 Replies
I love my kids more than anything but I don't really know how all of us will survive. Zack has spent the last 40 minutes because I dared to put him in timeout for throwing a toy. He would not stop screaming. I lost my temper and yelled at him. He is simply refusing to obey because he doesn't want to. What do you do with that? This is getting ridiculous. I just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. I don't know what else to do. He shares a room with his brother and sister and it's not like I can just put him in his room and let him scream everytime he gets mad. What does that teach? I try to ask him to take deep breathes and that just pissed him off more and he backs up and screams louder. How do you do this without losing your sanity?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkb_unlike
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

i ask myself the same question, alot. im not near as patience as some of the moms on here, they could probably recieve saint awards for how they deal with their kids, its hard. my suggestion if your kids are old enough, just explain to  the others he needs to be in the room for a bit, put cartoons or a movie on for the others, and go take a bath. just relax, they recommend that in parenting classes, when you have a infant that wont stop crying no matter what, to just step back, put the infant somewhere safe (or in your case your son) and go take a 10 minute shower/bath just remove yourself from the situation. i hope he calms down soon.

twins0506
by Holly on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I don't know the answer to that question either. I'm not quite sure if anyone does. My boys have been like this all week with being out of school. I let them scream I don't care. If he's screaming, he's mad, and I'm not going to scream over him. Just know you're not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
No, you're not alone. I just count my blessings for each day I get through. Some are good, and some not so good. (((HUGS)))
Aspiemom0203
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweety you need an adult only weekend not just night. You have to take it. Screw what people say or think. If you can't afford to go far get a small hotel room nearby or go to a friends (preferably without children) and just breath. Read a book. Relax. I feel for you. All moms need a break, but when you have a special needs child sometimes we feel guilty taking one. Feel like its too much for someone else. Feel like they can't handle it. Now everything will not get done the way you want it, but as long as they are safe and cared for, it will be fine. Please please take your time and enjoy being you not Mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Aspiemom0203:

Sweety you need an adult only weekend not just night. You have to take it. Screw what people say or think. If you can't afford to go far get a small hotel room nearby or go to a friends (preferably without children) and just breath. Read a book. Relax. I feel for you. All moms need a break, but when you have a special needs child sometimes we feel guilty taking one. Feel like its too much for someone else. Feel like they can't handle it. Now everything will not get done the way you want it, but as long as they are safe and cared for, it will be fine. Please please take your time and enjoy being you not Mom.

Good reply!!!! :-)
sparklebug86
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

can you send him outside to play?

momtoscott
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd get them out of the room and let him in there to scream it out, make sure there's pillows and stuff he can throw or punch or cuddle.  It's not a long-term solution, but it's the solution you have right now.   Think about the next step once this situation calms down. 

I agree you need a break, is there anybody you can call to help out for a little while?

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Agree 100%!

Quoting momtoscott:

I'd get them out of the room and let him in there to scream it out, make sure there's pillows and stuff he can throw or punch or cuddle.  It's not a long-term solution, but it's the solution you have right now.   Think about the next step once this situation calms down. 

I agree you need a break, is there anybody you can call to help out for a little while?

Leobaby2007
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Quoting momtoscott:

I agree as well!
arkansasmama08
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
No, not really. My inlaws live close and I could probably convince them to take them for a few hours but it always makes it worse. I don't want a short term solution. I really need something that's going to work toward ending this. Do I need a break? Yep most likely. But that's not going to fix our situation does that make sense?

Quoting Austinsmom4544:

Agree 100%!

Quoting momtoscott:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)