Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

i was so embarassed... my son just said f***** b****

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

today i took my boys to the park and out of nowhere my 4 yr old said f***** B**** like three times. i kept telling him not to say that those are very bad words he was laughing and the my 5 yr old started laughing and i was so embarassed a couple minutes later a mother of three left with her kids. She was the only other person at the park at that time. I dont think i will ever go to that park again.  Come to find out my older son told me he heard the little boy who lives across from us say it.  What could i have done to prevent that? I felt so bad...

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shell3m
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I always tell Dean that those are adult words and to not repeat adult words.

onthebrink333
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

the joys of having children on the autism spectrum...i have a daughter with aspbergers and I could tell you some stories that would make you feel so much better! lol  if that mother of 3 even knew half of what you have to deal with on a day to day basis, maybe instead of leaving she would have had compassion and said something encouraging.  pooh on that mom...pooh pooh pooh.  I have been there sista and know exactly how you feel...thankfully she is 12 now, but still says some things at times that make me want to stick my head in the sand.  LOL 

kajira
by Emma on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yep. I've had some horror stories like that too. The conversations I've had with my son go along the lines of "those are adult words, and you aren't allowed to say them and if other kids say them, you can tell them those are not polite words to use around you."

^.^ I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

There is nothing you could have done to prevent it.  No matter how much we try to shield our children he would have heard it somewhere else.  When my son starting having a foul mouth he knew I was upset about it and that made it worse to see me have a reaction to it.  Hopefully this will be a short lived phase for him :)

xavier929
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM

thank you ladies for your encouraging words!!! it is tough having two boys with autism in a situation like that all i can do is hope that they understand never to speak like that again and i start going to a different park. Ur right screw that lady she made me feel more bad by leaving lol

arkansasmama08
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Lol you couldn't have done anything different. Sorry, but I've got this whole mental movie thing going and it's hilarious! hope they learn quickly and you'll be able to laugh at it soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)