Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your 4th of july?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
What did you do? How was it?

Here's my challenging day:
We decided to go to Legoland for the fireworks this year. We have passes so weve been back several times but have never seen the fireworks. My parents came too as we had free tickets. The day started off bad lol. The first hour or two was okay but then our first meltdown happened. I expected this as it happens every time we go to a amusement park. But normally he is fine once we get there. Well today was different. My parents weren't in a good mood as my dad was being all mopey and wasn't participating. Plus my mom found out he Pawned his wedding ring that morning. Next Zachary had meltdown after meltdown. He was very easy to set off. Plus my mom got mad at me do to zacharys behavior and i accidently "hurt" him when he tried running away and i grabbed his jakcet hood real quick. I say "hurt" because there was no red mark just zachary perceived it as an attack but hes a runner amd i didnt wamt to lose him. Finally around 5 he calmed down a bit but was still very easy to set off. He loved the fireworks though. Once we got home another meltdown to conclude the night as the bedtime routine wasn't followed since it was so late. He finally passed out though. Today was definitely a challenge.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momtoscott
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Hugs!  We stayed home and had burgers, but we had the second near-meltdown/big argument with DS in two days.  On July 3 it was an argument because we wouldn't go out, and on July 4 it was an argument because we wanted to go out, just a nice little evening drive.  Yeesh. 

I imagine the pawning of a wedding ring would make for a pretty tense day no matter what was going on with your little one!  I'm glad you survived, at any rate. 

badgermom2012
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Well, you got through it!  We don't stay out late even if it's a holiday, so my son got to follow his normal bedtime routine.  We went to the zoo in the morning and a church festival in the afternoon, but left way before the fireworks.  My son wasn't thrilled about doing things outside of his normal routine, but he grinned and beared it, ha, ha.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)