Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I want to talk about being bi-polar (thank you)

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

As most of you know I am infact bi-polar. It does not often affect my real life, just typically my social life.

I do not know how to simply just put, "my dogs lost It really hurts, and I hope he comes home" 

My mind doesn't work that easily.

My thoughts are always going 1000 miles a minute, and I lose track of what I mean often.

I don't know how to properly cope with stress, and verbalize it in a rational way.

I often do not even realize what I'm doing when I'm saying what I am, to me it sounds right, like it comes off clear. And i know now, in fact all i'm really doing is confusing people.

I want to learn how to speak and think more rationally, and not all at once.

So if any of you have any advice on that, I'd greatly appriciate it.

If any of you are bi-polar yourselves, how do you deal with it.

I want to let all of you know up front, I have had very bad reactions to many medications I've been on for bi-polar in the past. and I have tried many diffrent medicine none of which have succesfully worked.

I also have not had any success with cousounling.

So i want to learn to deal or cope with this better.

any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

I wanted to thank everyone for replying. Its easier for me to reply to you all on here, rather than indiviudually because my computer is slow.

So i wanted to thank you for replying and being understanding, and telling me your stories in relation to being bi-polar.

so thank you all ^_^

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Sorry, I do not have bipolar disorder and don't know much about it. I hope you get some info, so here's a bump.
Aspiemom0203
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I have many family members that have. None of which take their meds or see counselors regularly. Unfortunate some won't it even accept it as part of them. Others that have a controlling spouse that will not allow meds.
Kuddos to you for accepting it. I can't say I know what will work for you, but let me know if you find anything. It would be alot more helpful than being treated as a doormat that I get used as.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
One of my friends is bi polar. She can't stay on top of it without meds. I would take these same concerns and questions to you dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommy430
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is bipolar but he isn't a severe as you describe yourself. People often think he is an @s$hole. He copes with it by recognizing he has a problem and not making any decisions when he is manic. I sometimes have to tell him how is is acting. He then tries to do something productive to calm himself down. Usually video games seem to help him for some reason.

Since you haven't had sucess with medication, have you considered seeing a naturopathic physician? I use one for my son and he always has some kind of remedy that works for what is needed. I would call your insurance provider and see if they cover any in your area. I know there are natural herbs and supplements that you can try.

I use mynaturalmarket.com. I get a few things from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spectrummom311
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I do not have bi-polar but my parents are. Both said things before thinking, had horrible mood swings and we're greatly depressed. My dad stopped taking his meds and my mom currently takes lamictal to control her symptoms as well as welbuterin I think. They have different types of bi-polar my dad is 1 and my mom is 2. My mom was not quite as bad as my dad. Do you talk to a counselor at all? I have heard that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM

do you see a therapist it might help. i take prozac when i need to. 

justfiveofus
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have bi-polar but my MIL does, I don't have any ideas for you but I have some questions about how people with bi-polar work (if anyone is up for answering them....if not I understand).

Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I have BiPolar. Ask me anything.

jb022210
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

I have BiPolar. Ask me anything.

how do u not sound crazy to everyone, how do you rationalize your thoughts

marisab
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I myself am not bipolar but i have a few friend swho are andi know that you nee dto be up front and honest cause we wont kow if u dont tell us it well eliminate 1/2 the issue p[eople have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN